Getting Origins Launcher to work with a non-Steam version

Find tutorials or share yours with other survivors.
A Horse

Post by A Horse »

Hello I have been unable to get the Origins launcher to work with my non-steam version of the game. The error I am getting is "Arma2OA_BE.exe not found. Please Check your Settings!" I am running a non-steam version of combined operations, Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operations Arrowhead through gamers gate (my steam version got global banned. Its a long story, don't ask). My settings are as follows:

Steam Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe (it wont let me remove this)

Arma 2 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Arma 2 OA Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

Origins Mod Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@OriginsMod

Startup Parameters: (Blank)

Torrent Port: 6881

I have done a good amount of reading on how to fix this and have not yet found the one thing I need to specifically fix my issue, even went so far as to add my other copies of Arma 2 and OA to my steam games list (Failed). Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
andex

Post by andex »

I think the launcher is missing the correct battle eye version.
you can install/update battleeye with the originslauncher, or download it manually and replace the folder

but...

afaik it is not possible to run the game without steam anymore.
since 2014 it is necessary to have a verified steam version of arma2 oa to join any server.

also arma2 is updated via steam now, so your version is outdated anyway i guess.

it is possible to add your version to the steam library via product activation (not sure why it didnt work for you, there are tutorials about that)
but your product key is global banned so that wont help.

solution: buy a new key -> install and update via steam