[SOLVED]Help, game crashes when in server lobby

Here you can post your problems and questions.
Strawberry Rhubarb Cough

[SOLVED]Help, game crashes when in server lobby

Post by Strawberry Rhubarb Cough »

I got the game to work after many different errors, but i can only get as far as the lobby screen and then the screen just closes and i see a server message pop up just before the game crashes that says something along the lines of " you cannot play or edit this mission becuse of ..." and theres this long file name ending in rails.pbo i believe... If anyone has any ideas please let me know ive tried disabling my antivirus and firewall to no avail...
OldManTim

Help, game crashes when in server lobby

Post by OldManTim »

Hey!

Have you copied the Addons folder from your ArmA 2 game directory, into your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead game directory?
Strawberry Rhubarb Cough

Post by Strawberry Rhubarb Cough »

yes i tried that last night but i am trying again before going to work, thanks for the help, but now i am getting onto a server via manually entering IP and port in the arma 2 OA server browser (with origins mod on) but everytime i get past the cloud sync part the server kicks me because y "battleeye has failed to update". Any more help is appreciated again.
[SMG] Aqua_Force

Post by [SMG] Aqua_Force »

I am having the same exact problem and I have copied the Arma 2 Addons folder to my Arma 2 OA folder, but still have the same problem. When i join a server, prior to the game turning on I see battleye blocked loading of a file from ATI technologies/Hydravision
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

I have to sometimes manually update Battleye to get it to behave.

Here are the locations that I copy the downloaded files into (and replace current files):

C:\Users\*yourUserName*\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

Download them from here:
http://www.battleye.com/downloads/

All four the ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead files (NOT DAYZ) that are for Windows.

Hope it helps! :-)

Aqua_Force, your error seems to be that BattleEye does not like ATi's HydraVision
I have no experience in this but see if you can disabloe HydraVision, or remove it, and test again :-)
[SMG] Aqua_Force

Post by [SMG] Aqua_Force »

I was able to solve the issue of the file being blocked by following the instructions on this link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/di ... 968880282/
However, that file probably had nothing to do with the issue and could have been ignored. Unfortunately, I am still having the same exact problem where I try to get on but a screen pops up saying that all of my files in the @DayZOrigins folder in Arma 2OA "are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server remove listed files or install additional accepted keys" and it says this on every single server. Thanks for the tips so far!