[SOLVED]New BattlEye Update

Here you can post your problems and questions.
zaTley

[SOLVED]New BattlEye Update

Post by zaTley »

So I have seen alot of people trying to join my server, that get disconnected right after, because of the new BattlEye update. Its pretty frustrating and must be the same for the players trying to join. So I will show how I fixed it for myself, and it might help someone.

First locate your Arma 2 Folder --> Locate the BattlEye Folder and uninstall BattlEye *Delete all remaining files in that folder.

Second locate you Arma 2 AO Folder --> Go to Expansion --> BattlEye, now you uninstall and delete all remaining files in that folder.
1. Now go back to your Arma 2 AO folder and find the folder called ''BEsetup'' click the installer and wait till its done.
2. Go to your Arma 2 folder and find the folder called ''BEsetup'' click the installer and wait till its done.
3. Now start your game, and see if its works.

Incase it doesnt, try to Right click your game in Steam (Arma 2 AO) --> Properties --> Local Files --> and click [verify integrity of game cache]

This worked for me, and I hope it will for you too, incase you had problems with it and stumbled across this topic :)

GL
OldManTim

New BattlEye Update

Post by OldManTim »

Just want to add what helps for me everytime

I download the latest files from here:
http://www.battleye.com/downloads/

All four the ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead files (NOT DAYZ) that are for Windows.

And replace all files in these directories:
C:\Users\*yourUserName*\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye
vilespartan

New BattlEye Update

Post by vilespartan »

I followed the first suggestion and when I join a server unfortunately I get a battle eye error of set variable restriction #20. I dont know if it has anything to do with this but I have overpoch and that seems to work just fine, but I can never get into origins and it is frustrating. Please help!
OldManTim

New BattlEye Update

Post by OldManTim »

vilespartan wrote:I followed the first suggestion and when I join a server unfortunately I get a battle eye error of set variable restriction #20. I dont know if it has anything to do with this but I have overpoch and that seems to work just fine, but I can never get into origins and it is frustrating. Please help!
As far as I know it is not related. The Battleye system files just get updated.
The battleye server is not liking something your system is trying to do in the game server.

I would suggest, to verify ARMA II and ARMA II OA through Steam, then verify your Origins mod files through Origins Launcher, and join a server through Origins Launcher.

Hope it help! :-)
zaTley

New BattlEye Update

Post by zaTley »

Try to change your name or make a new profile in Arma 2 AO .. its a restriction so something is preventing you to join the server.
vilespartan

New BattlEye Update

Post by vilespartan »

Thanks you guys are awesome. I have been trying to figure this out forever. Turns out I cant have a space in my name.