Origins Mod Launcher - Reporting Thread

Here you can post your problems and questions.
Rotzloch

Post by Rotzloch »

Hello all

If you find any Bugs in Origins Mod Launcher or have any Problems, post it here, so i can help you :).

Thanks and Kind Regards

Rotzloch
Shooter339

Post by Shooter339 »

Hey there,
Ive the problem that when I connect to a Server it Loads up and a message pops up saying I dont have enough rights to Launch the game. Ive started it as Administrator and gave it full rights.
When I close the window it just says Failed to Launch Game. Thats it nothing more.

What does it mean I done have enough rights to do it? Even when it has full adminstrator rights.

The full (German)Text on the Screen says:
"On the specified device, or the path, or file can not be accessed. You may not have the required permissions to access the element."

Hope u know how to fix it since I didnt find anyone else with this problem on the forum.

Greetings, Nico aka. Shooter339

Hamx

Post by Hamx »

Hey, decided to get back into origins after a year of not playing. I went and downloaded the 1.2 origins mod version from their facebook page, i opened it up and it said it will update to 1.3 and close the program. now it crashes every time i try to re open it. any ideas?
ViperDom

Post by ViperDom »

yeah i have a .net issue with the 1.35 launcher update

here is a pastebin.. http://pastebin.com/EtNq9GAB
Rotzloch

Post by Rotzloch »

ViperDom wrote:yeah i have a .net issue with the 1.35 launcher update

here is a pastebin.. http://pastebin.com/EtNq9GAB
Hamx wrote:Hey, decided to get back into origins after a year of not playing. I went and downloaded the 1.2 origins mod version from their facebook page, i opened it up and it said it will update to 1.3 and close the program. now it crashes every time i try to re open it. any ideas?

Hello ViperDom & Hamx

On that Error press Continue and after that Update Message should appear for 1.4.0
Make this update and this Error is fixed. Sorry for that.

If this not works, in the same Folder as Origins Launcher, there is a Logfile "OriginsLauncher.log". Can you upload this and send me the link in a PM?

Greets
Rotzloch

Added in 3 minutes 45 seconds:
Shooter339 wrote:Hey there,
Ive the problem that when I connect to a Server it Loads up and a message pops up saying I dont have enough rights to Launch the game. Ive started it as Administrator and gave it full rights.
When I close the window it just says Failed to Launch Game. Thats it nothing more.

What does it mean I done have enough rights to do it? Even when it has full adminstrator rights.

The full (German)Text on the Screen says:
"On the specified device, or the path, or file can not be accessed. You may not have the required permissions to access the element."

Hope u know how to fix it since I didnt find anyone else with this problem on the forum.

Greetings, Nico aka. Shooter339

Have sent you a PM.

Greets Rotzloch
Hamx

Post by Hamx »

Rotzloch wrote: Hello ViperDom & Hamx

On that Error press Continue and after that Update Message should appear for 1.4.0
Make this update and this Error is fixed. Sorry for that.

If this not works, in the same Folder as Origins Launcher, there is a Logfile "OriginsLauncher.log". Can you upload this and send me the link in a PM?

Greets
Rotzloch
Hey again, I'm a new member so it wont allow me to send private messages right now or i would, sorry :(

To explain further, it wont let me continue past the error message at all. As soon as i launcher the program i get this straight away. http://gyazo.com/7ad600bc6f1d04632891e774c90da1d2

I looked in my folder and i can't see an "OriginsLauncher.log" file. I have a origins launcher text document and a .lib.dll file.

Here's whats in the launcher.txt file. http://pastebin.com/64XdAVSv
Shooter339

Post by Shooter339 »

Hey, I cant find a reply function to the PM to send the logfile so ill post it here.
And yes I do speak german and ive added you in Steam that might be easier to talk

sirhazo

Post by sirhazo »

I've downloaded origin 1.7.9.5 from the German-DayZ mirror, unpacked it to "Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOrigins", set the correct path in the launcher settings (yes I know it's case sensitive, copy pasted the path from windows explorer to launcher settings so it cannot be wrong) and tried to verify the game files. On the first few tries to verify the game files the launcher simply crashed. Then when it didnt crash it checked the files, deleted everything and started downloading... and then when it downloads, the speed looks like this (yellow graph is download-speed):

Why does it not download continously?

I don't understand this, last evening I could play the game without any issues, today I get an error message while launching the game telling me that there is no disk in my hard drive (it's an SSD, it has no disks, and even if it was an HDD, how could I possibly insert a disk into a hard-drive? This error message makes no sense at all) and throws me back to main menu telling me it lost connection before even getting into the lobby.

All of this, launcher and ArmA2 are a pain in the a**...
Rotzloch

Post by Rotzloch »

Hello sirhazo

Can you upload your OriginsLauncher.log file and your settings.jsn?
When you manually download the mod and then verify, it's important that your mod folder looks like this: "@DayzOrigins\Addons" and not "@DayzOrigins\@DayzOrigins\Addons".
And your Arma 2 OA Path in settings must be correct.

About Downloadspeed. It's a Torrent Download and that's the reason why it's not download at same speed the full time.

I hope we can solve your problems, and you will be happy soon :).

Kind Regards
Rotzloch
QuickTrueno

Post by QuickTrueno »

Hello,
Is there a change log anywhere? There has been updates frequently on the launcher but I do not know what they do. It would be nice to know what each update does.

Small bug: When the launcher is open, it takes around 30 seconds for the favorites list to show up, while the server list appears right away. Is it possible to get our favorites list to appear as soon as the launcher is open?

Thank you for your great work.