URGENT! SOMEONE HELP ME

Here you can post your problems and questions.
BEEFWEE

URGENT! SOMEONE HELP ME

Post by BEEFWEE »

OK, so let me give you some info first off. Me and my group have played origins for quite sometime (5+ Years). But we've noticed something that's stuck with us through out the origins mod only. Our weapon damage does absolutely nothing and our vehicles are basically made of paper to put it in simple terms. I cant for the love of god explain it. As an example, a guy from 600 away shot at us with an m4a1 from on top a hotel while we were driving through the forest. We had this suv fully repaired mind you. This guy knocks out 2 wheels and drops the engine to 35% in maybe 10 shots. Now if you take in distance and health of the vehicle it should've been minor right? unless the m4a1 turned into an mk 48 damage module this shouldn't be possible. Another example you ask? Well lets say another suv comes to our base and we start shooting. We've got an FAL, an M14, a PKP, and a SAW lighting this dudes suv that's maybe 50 meters away. And he drives off dandy. Other examples? I could go on and on like how our heli engine can go red after getting shot in the tail rotor a few times. Or how it takes more that 5 bullets of an M14 to kill a random guy. I have no idea if we're bugged or what but this only happens in the origins mod. Other mods we're perfectly fine. And we love the origins mod and we don't want to get off but id rather not be running a race with no legs vs an Olympian runner. If someone can tell me this is happening to you and your group as well or someone has a fix please dm me or message me on steam " BEEFWEE " Thanks for reading.

Just to point out Origins has been out for 3 years next January.
Nachary

URGENT! SOMEONE HELP ME

Post by Nachary »

I don't think you're glitched because that makes no sense. Origins mod can be unpredictable at times. Some of these things happen to me occasionally so I just live with it.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

URGENT! SOMEONE HELP ME

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Firstly, how do you know what weapon he was using? Might have been an accurate shot (not sure if a direct hit to a wheel does more damage).
Secondly, was his SUV armoured (guessing this would make a difference).

I agree with above poster, there is always the odd randomness with varying amounts of damage.
BEEFWEE

URGENT! SOMEONE HELP ME

Post by BEEFWEE »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:Firstly, how do you know what weapon he was using? Might have been an accurate shot (not sure if a direct hit to a wheel does more damage).
Secondly, was his SUV armoured (guessing this would make a difference).

I agree with above poster, there is always the odd randomness with varying amounts of damage.
I know mostly because i know the sounds of guns and an accurate shot i get that but a fully repaired wheel, and this isn't coincidental its an all day thing with my group. We recently had a guy shoot at another player with 11 direct chest shots with an m14 and he just turns around and shoots once knocks my bud out and takes him out from there. The suv wasnt armoured but a direct shot from a stanag gun to the wheel shouldnt drop it 100% i know its confusing and difficult to understand but even randoms that play with us say somethings wrong with us and like i said we can go on an overwatch server and dominate but in origins theres gotta be a character bug with us or something because its crazy what happens.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

URGENT! SOMEONE HELP ME

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

If it is as you say, try file verification through Steam?
Contact your admin to refresh server settings i.e. get them to change all settings +/- and then revert back.

Your situation sounds strange but there must be some reason to it.