Origins Launcher is deleting Arma 2 OA Files/Not Installing

Here you can post your problems and questions.
Artemerary Gondola

Post by Artemerary Gondola »

Hey guys. I tried to install the origins mod the other day, and it was doing exactly what it is now, even after i uninstalled Arma 2 and OA and deleted registry info/documents etc before reinstalling.

After reinstalling, I run both Arma 2 and OA to grab the battleye updates.

When i download the file, it fully downloads, and appears in my OA folder, however it will not update on the mod launcher.

When I launch the game, it tells me there's no Arma2_BE.exe file, so I re-verify all the files on steam. It re-verifys 516 files. The game now runs but it does not load the mod pack upon starting, and it boots me off the server. (I start the game through the mod's server selection)

This is the folder after steam-verification.

And this is it after i try to re-verify the origins mod on the downloader.

So it's deleting my files, and when I re-verify on steam to get them back+run the game to re-install battleye, the launcher won't run the mod pack? man this is a butt-load of problems. Any help is appricated!
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Dayz launcher is what I use and it has no problems. I havent tried the origins launcher and I dont see the need for several launchers so try both and use the one which works.

Unless there is some major benefit by using Origins launcher I wouldnt worry about it.
Rotzloch

Post by Rotzloch »

Whats your settings on settings tab?

@thomas: after 1.8 you will need origins launcher to keep up to date with your origins files.
klosiklosi

Post by klosiklosi »

Rotzloch wrote:Whats your settings on settings tab?

@thomas: after 1.8 you will need origins launcher to keep up to date with your origins files.

Aha gut zu wissen. Wird es noch funktionieren über die Serverlistscripts (z.B. steam://run/33930//-connect=192.99.18.174%20-port=2935%20-mod=EXPANSION;@DayzOrigins;%20-nosplash%20-world=empty%20-nopause) zu connecten? Ich mach mir für meine Server, auf denen ich gerade aktiv bin, immer eine Verknüpfung mit dem Script welches hinter dem link in der Serverliste (http://originsmod.info/serverlist.php) steht.
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

@thomas: after 1.8 you will need origins launcher to keep up to date with your origins files.[/quote]
are you saying that we have no choice but to use this launcher, i have tried to use the origins launcher but could never get it to work, used to use dayzcommander until it was no longer supported, then play with six but now launch thru steam
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

spuduk3 wrote:@thomas: after 1.8 you will need origins launcher to keep up to date with your origins files.
are you saying that we have no choice but to use this launcher, i have tried to use the origins launcher but could never get it to work, used to use dayzcommander until it was no longer supported, then play with six but now launch thru steam[/quote]

It is my understanding that you can still launch through Steam but to keep the mod files up to date you will have to use Origins Launcher. Incremental updates are going to take place from 1.8 onward, instead of big 2 - 3 GB updates.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Oh, ok. Thanks for that. I guess Ill download it and install it once 1.8 is out :(

I didnt really want to tinker with the launchers as I hear so many problems people have - and as mine currently works, I didnt want to lose anything.
Rotzloch

Post by Rotzloch »

Artemerary Gondola wrote:Hey guys. I tried to install the origins mod the other day, and it was doing exactly what it is now, even after i uninstalled Arma 2 and OA and deleted registry info/documents etc before reinstalling.

After reinstalling, I run both Arma 2 and OA to grab the battleye updates.

When i download the file, it fully downloads, and appears in my OA folder, however it will not update on the mod launcher.

Press Stop, and the version should be updated.
Artemerary Gondola wrote: When I launch the game, it tells me there's no Arma2_BE.exe file, so I re-verify all the files on steam. It re-verifys 516 files. The game now runs but it does not load the mod pack upon starting, and it boots me off the server. (I start the game through the mod's server selection)

This is the folder after steam-verification.

And this is it after i try to re-verify the origins mod on the downloader.

So it's deleting my files, and when I re-verify on steam to get them back+run the game to re-install battleye, the launcher won't run the mod pack? man this is a butt-load of problems. Any help is appricated!
Please post your settings, i think there is your error.

Greets Rotzloch