Origins Launcher not downloading update

Here you can post your problems and questions.
Mogidogi

Post by Mogidogi »

Hi,
I have been trying to use Origins Launcher to update my game to the most recent version, however when I start the download it will go to around 20B/s then slow down and stop completely. I know this is not a problem with my internet as I can download games or updates on steam for instance perfectly fine at a good speed. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.
Corsilla

Post by Corsilla »

Simple solution:
Download the "DayZ Launcher". Don´t worry, the 1.8 origins mod isn´t downloadable yet.
If you downloadet the mod via originslauncher, your folder is called @OriginsMod.
So you open the DayZ Launcher, klick on "Settings" and in the line "Additional parameters" you paste this: -mod=@OriginsMod
Now click on "Save".
Above you can see "Servers", "Mods" (where you can download nearly every DayZ Mod, but not 1.8 Origins yet) and "Advanced".
Now you can click on "Advanced", press the "LAUNCH" button and the DayZ Launcher will start ArmA automatically with Origins 1.8, because you entered the line -mod=@OriginsMod.

Now ArmA will start, and you can close the DayZ Launcher.
If you see the Origins main menu, click on "Multiplayer", and now "Remote".
Add the IP of your Origins server where you want to play, below the port and OK.
Now you should see your server in the multiplayer list.
IP and port will be saved, everytime you start arma again.

Hope i could help you. Sorry for my english btw...
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Has the Origins launcher installed correctly? Before you can download 1.8, you need to ensure the origins launcher has installed correctly. I was having issues with this too.
Mogidogi

Post by Mogidogi »

I'll try that Corsilla and see how it goes. As for whether its installed correctly, I've tried reinstalling it several times and it seems to be installed correctly each time. I updated it to the newest version and all that as well.
Mogidogi

Post by Mogidogi »

Well I tried your suggestion Corsilla, but unfortunately all it did was just launch ArmA without Origins running.
Corsilla

Post by Corsilla »

Did you download Origins 1.8 with the origins launcher or with torrent?
The line in "Additional Paramters" in the DayZ Launcher has to be the exactly name of your mod foldername.

For example: You downloadet it with torrent and 1.8 is called @origins18
Than the line must look like this: -mod=@origins18 (NO space at the start)

I downloadet 1.8 via OriginsLauncher and my foldername is called @OriginsMod, so my line looks like this: -mod=@OriginsMod (NO space at the start)

It´s very important that the letters are EXACTLY the same as your modfolder is called, i have screenshots: Image, Image

EDIT: Did you copy all 3 pathes in the settings, so that the DayZ Launcher knows where to start the .exe from? Mods/Download Path, ArmA 2 Path and ArmA 2 OA Path?
Mogidogi

Post by Mogidogi »

I think you might be missing the point of the post, the problem isn't that I cant launch the new version, its that I cant download it. Origins launcher is not downloading it, and that's what my issue is.
Corsilla

Post by Corsilla »

Ah ok, the whole mod isn´t downloadable. My mistake. It seems that the originslauncher is the only way to download it. No torrent files available atm.
andex

Post by andex »

lets see
you can start the download via origins launcher but the downstream is very slow and eventually dies?
but your internet connection is ok?
hmm...
i dont think this issue is about the correct launcher installation.
honestly i have no idea whats wrong. maybe you should consider other ways to dl the files.

you cannot download it with another launcher/commander anymore

maybe someone with a beast connection is willing to upload the files to an one click hoster?

Since the devs deleted all torrent links im not sure if it is available anymore, but you can try this one here (http://goo.gl/4Rwof8).

If this doesnt work maybe the community can help. some of us could start seeding the files again to make it available via torrent?

now that you somehow got the 1.8 files and copied them to your Arma2 OA folder im afraid there is another problem.

pre 1.8 it was not possible to assign your modfiles to the originslauncher
-> if you want to launch the game with the originslauncher you have to download it with the originslauncher, no other option.
maybe this is possible with the recent launcher updates but i really dont know.

if its not you have to find another way to launch the game.

launch it via dayzlauncher like corsilla explained or start OA via steam with the correct properties. im pretty sure we can help with that.

but first of all we need to find a way for you to download the files...
Mogidogi

Post by Mogidogi »

Yeah that's the problem. Previously I used PlayWithSix to download/launch Origins but since the update obviously I cant do this anymore. I'm a bit confused as to why the devs would delete all the torrent links, especially since Origins Launcher doesn't seem to be the greatest of launchers.