Immobile vehicle gunner seat bug, please consider assistance.

Here you can post your problems and questions.
A very wise man

Post by A very wise man »

Hello,

Me and a group of friends have been enjoying rediscovering Origins, and find the various new sources of slow/immediate death... "refreshing." Something we've been relying on to provide anti-death measures has been a rather impressive inflatable boat with a mounted M240. Unfortunately, said M240 has, for two days now, been locked in place, forced to look straight forward and down at the boat. We can reload it, fire it, and use it in its full capacity... aside from a pack of an ability to aim. As it stands, it can't hit anything but the front of our vessel. There is no repair option on the boat aside from an engine, and the engine is no more damaged than when we found it.

If anyone knows a fix, or if any form of admin could reset it on #US001, it would be much appreciated. We'd really like to add to the survivor prey pool, but can't very well feed the chisled vets on the server good fights without an actual fighting chance. Thanks again,

-Keebroo
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Im gonna be that guy..... Its a Browning M2 not an m240 :roll:

But in all seriousness i dont think ive seen this bug. Have you tried aiming down the sights to see if it can be aimed that way? Ive used that boat alot and never have had issues with the gun. Sadly it may be bugged until iys destroyed. Try to find another and see if the gun works on that one.
A very wise man

Post by A very wise man »

Thank you for the speedy reply (and for the correction ;) ) But I must say that unfortunately, yes, we've been thorough, and the best way to describe it is aiming down sights, you're forced to look straight and down, and in third person, it's toggled freelook. Now, we've had multiple people enter and have tried toggling freelook on and off (double tapping alt for most.) All that does is cause the aiming cursor to appear and disappear, showing that it is indeed toggling, but still only allowing your head to move, and at an equal rate, to boot. Neither are as slow as when normally moving the gun.

I'm rambling on about unnecessary details at this point, as I don't expect much else to come of it, but I really do appreciate the reply. We'll manage without the Pecheneg. :D

P.S. Forgive me for putting this in Tech support, I swear I must've gone over the board list three times and missed "Bug Reports" each time. My bad!