Origins not starting

Here you can post your problems and questions.
Killborn556

Origins not starting

Post by Killborn556 »

Hello, I just updated to the new patch, and it worked but when I restarted my game it started regular dayz (instead of the origins loading screen) and I got the message

Files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOrigins\addons\dayz.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOrigins\addons\dayz_anim.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOrigins\addons\dayz_code.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOrigins\addons\dayz_equip.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOrigins\addons\dayz_sfx.pbo", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOrigins\addons\dayz_vehicles.pbo", ... are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

I see that dayz origins 1.7.9 is listed at the menu but also Arma 2: Dayz Mod is and I think that is why origins won't start but I am not sure, any help would be appreciated.

I have -mod=@Dayzorigins in my startup parameters and it is starting but not with the loading screen and such.

*EDIT* I just fixed it and joined the game by deleting all the PBOs in the @DayZ folder but this is a temporary fix and I still get a missing picture error... I think I need to disable the DayZ Mod but I dont know how.
rokyoface

Re: Origins not starting

Post by rokyoface »

^^^ this too is happening for me when I try to connect to US001, but not when I try other servers like Chosen 1.
rokyoface

Post by rokyoface »

I could only connect to US001 by removing all .pbo files from @dayz and ALSO using -mod=@Dayzorigins startup parameters. I had not used the parameters before. I can connect to other servers fine it just seems to be an isolated problem server side. I read on a forum while searching for an answer that it can be server side key issue.
Homer

Post by Homer »

Guys, try to copy the Addons folder from Arma 2 to AO.
|LP|Miv.™

Post by |LP|Miv.™ »

I got that error too.. and just delete the PBO files.. in @DAYZ folder... and voila
Nick!

Post by Nick! »

tried this too, but didnt work, i join the lobby and get instakicked for an picture error

*EDIT*
so now, i tried with the start paramter, als .pbos deleted and the Addons folder in OA, still getting this picture error.
*EDIT 2*
deleted the complete @DayZ folder now, now im getting into the lobby, then get instakicked for no reason.
Killborn556

Post by Killborn556 »

For me I just clicked ok when I got the missing file error and it still put me in.