FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Here you can post your problems and questions.
JoePowell

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Post by JoePowell »

After downloading DayzOrigins.rar and try to unzip the contents of the error output "archive corrupted", "This file is corrupt" and so on
Wait until the completion of the download or disable antivirus to unpack the archive
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
I downloaded the archive @ DayzOrigins.rar - What do I do next?
Unzip the folder and move it, DayzOrigins, with full replacement in your directory - «C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ Common \ Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
What settings are there for server administrators to configure?
Server administrators can configure:
  • Exchange on the island: On or Off
  • Safe area for barter island: on or off
  • Put on unconscious if shoot on island: On or Off
  • Lock technique can be: only on the island, everywhere
  • Maximum weight without overloading: 50, 60 or 70 pounds
  • Only the owner of the object can delete the object (fences, gates and towers): Enabled, Disabled
After removing and replacing all the files and the trying to go further into the game, it gives the following:
5R2CWV21kB0.jpg
EBpF9uL6qew.jpg
Open Steam ⇒ Right click on Arma2: Operation Arrowhead ⇒ Properties ⇒ ⇒ Set Launch Options Add to Strock next:

"-mod=EXPANSION;@DayzOrigins" -nosplash -world=empty -NoPause -skipIntro

If this does not help, Download the .rar file which is attached below, Extract the file but DayzSteam.cmd and drop it in the folder "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ Common \ ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead" after you can run Origins Mod through this bat file:

[attachment=0]DayzSteam.rar[/attachment]

When you try to access the server, you pass the first load and the second stops
  • If this problem only you: Wait a little longer. If after 2 minutes the download does not start - just re-enter the server
  • If the same problem with all the players of the server: Just ask the administrator to restart the server
  • If the same problem you have with all servers: Wait longer boot or disable antivirus. Most likely you have slow internet, antivirus or firewall blocking the connection
I do not have Steam version. How do I transfer to Arma2 version on Steam?
How do I upgrade a clay fence (the one built with the excavator)?
Walk up to it, scroll with the mouse wheel and select upgrade. At the tope right of your screen a window will appear with a list of required materials
How do I build the new towers?
The blueprints are available to swap on the barter island, or get them by clearing Sector B or completing missions. Each new tower consists of three phases of construction. Learn what materials you need, you can do this while trying to build a tower. The list is displayed in the window in the upper right corner of the screen.
How to lock, unlock and break open a lock on a vehicle?
In order to lock a vehicle, you will need to fix it, then put a battery, code lock and an electric circuit in your inventory, and then by scrolling the wheel, choose "Install locker". Next, create a password, it is your choice which password you use (just remember it), make sure it is a few digits long, and enter it. Remember that anyone who knows the password can open your lock.

In order to crack the password, you will need EIL SC Tool and battery in your inventory. Select "hack locker". After the EIL SC Tool break the old system, you can either install a new locking system,
using the option "Install locker", or leave the vehicle without a locking system.
How to disable the weight system?
The Weight system cannot be disabled. Server administrators are only allowed to choose the desired weight value (but not disable), which will cause the over burden. At this moment it is possible to choose between the 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 kilograms.
What about backpacks, is there any point in having a big backpack now?
Yes! The bigger the backpack, the more wait you can carry
I do not like the Barter. Is it possible to somehow disable this?
Yes, of course! The barter system can be disabled by the server administrator in the Origins Guard settings. If the system is disabled, the island will remain in place, but for me barter mechanics will not work.
Attachments
DayzSteam.rar
(176 Bytes) Downloaded 1070 times