Update 1.8 teaser

News about OriginsMod
spuduk3

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by spuduk3 »

we all know the devs have their own lives but if they knew it was gonna take this long this long to release they should not have started doing the teaser thing til say around the beginning of this month, then i think there wouldnt be so many peed off people about the length of time
XXKRYSTALXX

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by XXKRYSTALXX »

Yeah true but I think their intentions were good. Some news is better than no news maybe?
spuduk3

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by spuduk3 »

maybe they can learn from this situation and do it better next time, love this mod and want to see it grow to its full potential. they need to have better interaction with us, it didnt look good when they didnt answer any question on facebook and here for a while
XXKRYSTALXX

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by XXKRYSTALXX »

Yes I asked a question on fb also and didn't get an answer. I wanted to know if all severs will require a wipe for the update because if they do then I wont bother playing anymore until the update, no point wasting my time. Still getting a fair few new players appearing on our sever so the mod is still very much alive :)
Zidane9Z

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by Zidane9Z »

XXKRYSTALXX wrote:I know its frustrating, your not alone in your waiting.... However, I really think people need to lay off the dev's. They all have home lifes/work lifes to live along side developing origins in the spare time they have. Unless you all want to pay their wages from 9-5 for 6 days a week.... ZIP it and wait!!! Just saying have a little consideration!!! It will happen, when its ready!!!
Well they take certain % of the income the server hosts get that host official origins servers, thats why origins servers are insanely expensive. It's not like they're doing this for free. 8 months between patches is just way too much.
Kampfkeks_

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by Kampfkeks_ »

I wanted to know if all severs will require a wipe for the update because if they do then I wont bother playing anymore until the update, no point wasting my time. Still getting a fair few new players appearing on our sever so the mod is still very much alive
Well, as far as i know, the update won´t require a wipe. But its worth a thought to wipe a server because there is so much new stuff in the patch, for example the skill system. But in the end its the decision of the admins to wipe a server or not.

Regards kampfkeks
XXKRYSTALXX

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by XXKRYSTALXX »

Zidane9Z wrote:
XXKRYSTALXX wrote:I know its frustrating, your not alone in your waiting.... However, I really think people need to lay off the dev's. They all have home lifes/work lifes to live along side developing origins in the spare time they have. Unless you all want to pay their wages from 9-5 for 6 days a week.... ZIP it and wait!!! Just saying have a little consideration!!! It will happen, when its ready!!!
Well they take certain % of the income the server hosts get that host official origins servers, thats why origins servers are insanely expensive. It's not like they're doing this for free. 8 months between patches is just way too much.

Yep, we have been paying for our sever for over 2 years now waiting for the 1.8 update :/

Added in 1 minute 7 seconds:
Kampfkeks_ wrote:
I wanted to know if all severs will require a wipe for the update because if they do then I wont bother playing anymore until the update, no point wasting my time. Still getting a fair few new players appearing on our sever so the mod is still very much alive
Well, as far as i know, the update won´t require a wipe. But its worth a thought to wipe a server because there is so much new stuff in the patch, for example the skill system. But in the end its the decision of the admins to wipe a server or not.

Regards kampfkeks

That's nice to know, Thanks :)
Woodysgotwood

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by Woodysgotwood »

some info on whats to come in the update :) sorry its not english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ngFEc8TjkQ
Vitalijus

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by Vitalijus »

When you guys gonna release it?
spuduk3

Update 1.8 teaser

Post by spuduk3 »

today on the facebook page, they posted this "The final touch and we're off" along with a couple of pics of new trucks, hopefully this means very soon someone did ask do they have a day or month in mind for release but it so far has been ignored, i would have thought in lieu of what they posted they must have some thought of release date in mind