The Tanker Exchange

News about OriginsMod
Homer

The Tanker Exchange

Post by Homer »

Please can you ensure you read the full post before commenting.

Shortly before the zombie apocalypse, the Taviana tanker docked at Dalnogorsk's port, caught in a storm it was wrecked and washed up on the small mound of earth close to Taviana zoo. The tanker contained a huge amount of supplies, including weapons among other things as well as people, some of which survived. They built up camp around the wreckage. After a while this place became known as The Tanker Exchange, where murder and robbery is forbid.

Dear Players,

In the upcoming update we have created a new barter system, this means that you can exchange in game items for other items. You will be able to exchange these items with NPC's. Survivors will be placed on the new island as a community.

How to Barter: In order to barter, you must approach "The Tanker Exchange". You select the item which you are exchanging and the item which you want to have. The trader will then either accept or decline the barter based on the item's rarity, if this happens you must offer more items.

Useful Information for players:
- There will be no currency, you exchange with items
- The Tanker Exchange is located on a small independent island near Taviana zoo
- You cannot KILL anyone inside the The Tanker Exchange
- You cannot ROB anyone inside the The Tanker Exchange
- You can only exchange items if the NPC considers it a fair exchange

Useful Information for admins:
- Server admins can enable / disable the barter option, if it is enabled players can barter however if it is disabled players will not be able to exchange items
- Server admins can enable / disable the safe zone

P.S. Any constructive comments or ideas will be appreciated. If you would like to offer ideas - please do so below.

Thank-you for your attention,
Origins Mod Development Team
bilbodayz

Re: The Tanker Exchange

Post by bilbodayz »

Hi,

first i want to say "Thanks" to the origins team for continuing of the development!

My question is if Novistrana will also be completed with this update?
Referring to the released picture of the map the new landmass west of lyepestok is added. So the question about novistrana is opened :P

Thank you, really thank you for this awesome mod and the really, really cool updates ! Also for setting up this forum, i missed a place to talk about origins!
JoePowell

Post by JoePowell »

Novistrana will be updated if that is what you meant.
We're glad that the community can discuss the game again :D
^2.

Post by ^2. »

Thank you guys.. Im still excited for the main island to be connected to novistrana entrance.
bilbodayz

Post by bilbodayz »

I mean the missing region north of the NATO Base, Vladimir. Would be awesome to see this region completed.
JoePowell

Post by JoePowell »

Hmmm, I don't think that area will be complete for this update but I may be wrong
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

Can't wait for this! :mrgreen:
Hopefully the update will come out SOON! :-P
RoMeX

Post by RoMeX »

Is there any hint when this update will be out?
Homer

Post by Homer »

Guys, please stop asking for the date of the update, those that have been in Origins for sometime know that giving deadlines always gives problems. Remember the world of Origins, remember that adding something to that world will always be tested over and over and even after that the players will find some bugs or problems.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

Do you know if this is the "unknown" in 1.7.8?