Screen freeze

If you found some new bugs please report them here.
Wurstlaugen

Screen freeze

Post by Wurstlaugen »

Hi Devs,

just hopping by to report an pretty anoying bug to you.
Sometimes it happens that my screen freezes but the game is still going. I can hear sounds and hear myself moving and shooting.

I sadly don't know how you can recreate it :(
It seems like it happens randomly.
Sometimes it's while driving and sometimes it's while walking.
I got it 2 times in a row at a bridge near Sector A.

I asked people on the server I play and some of them had the same experience.

My System (just in case that matters):
Windows 10
Core i 7 / GTX 980 Ti / 16 Gb ram
I can give u more details if u need them.

Also. There are sometimes huge fps drops. Especially in the new city. Something with Ap... (don't know the name for now).

Thanks for the great mod
andex

Screen freeze

Post by andex »

hey wurstlaugen,

the fps drops are an exclusive arma 2 feature :D
no really, nothing to do there. you got a good rig so you get way less drops than most people, but even with the best pc there will be drops in big cities...

the screen freeze is connected to the drivers for your 980.
im not 100% sure but i think its possible to fix this by downgrading the drivers to the very first version for this card
and i dont know if you are willing to do this and if it affects the performance in other games.

maybe other people with new nvidia gcs can tell you more about this...
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Screen freeze

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Similar issues seen with AMD, their new Radeon Drivers cause the same issues. It seems as though both AMD and Nvidia are updating their drivers to improve the newer games even if it has detrimental effects on older games such as Arma II (DayZ).

Im running an AMD 295x2 card and I run DayZ in 4k. I updated my GFX drivers about 3 months back to latest Crimson drivers and then all my GFX options stuttered and performed badly. I rolled back to previous drivers and it works fine.

You can try posting on Nvidias site and tell teh devs of your issues - they may make a fix but dont count on it.

Effectively, find a driver that works with all your games, and keep it. Only change drivers if you cannot run a game or you will be switching drivers a lot when you play different games.