Hard Disk freeze, "You were kicked" - and other stuff

If you found some new bugs please report them here.
Malau

Post by Malau »

'Bug' #1
Every so often, but always every session, my FPS will suddenly drop to 0 as my HD light comes on. It will last around 60 seconds, then I get the message "YOU WERE KICKED"
This can happen at absolutely any time during my session.

At first I thought it was due to the unique loot spawning system in Origins. But I have had it happen to me on a raft travelling far from any land.
Which brings me to 'Bug' #2....

When this happened, the raft full of gear was gone when I spawned back in, and I was bleeding heavily - I remember Origins used to place Helis on the ground undamaged if you crashed whilst flying, I wish it would do the same with rafts

'Bug' #3
The scrap raft. I cannot access the Wiki to check how to do it (403 access forbidden). But I have lost numerous cars trying to drive them onto the scrap raft. The raft either glitches away and the car drops into the water and blows up. Or the car makes it ok, the HD freezes, I get kicked, spawn in and the car is under water and burning.
andex

Post by andex »

'Bug' #1
Every so often, but always every session, my FPS will suddenly drop to 0 as my HD light comes on. It will last around 60 seconds, then I get the message "YOU WERE KICKED"
This can happen at absolutely any time during my session.
you sure thats a hdd issue? ive seen a lot of framedrops to 0 fps and even crashes due to low ram and because its arma.
and a lot of guys have problems with their graphics card drivers (it stops working, screen freezes and you have to crash the game)
but hdd issues? maybe your harddrive is broken? :D
When this happened, the raft full of gear was gone when I spawned back in, and I was bleeding heavily - I remember Origins used to place Helis on the ground undamaged if you crashed whilst flying, I wish it would do the same with rafts
sadly thats not true.
choppers will crash if the pilot gets kicked.
if you get kicked while driving a raft you will fall out and hit the water at ~70kph. that hurts.
my idea about the behavior of lonesome boats is kinda old, might be outdated but...
iirc the raft will NOT drive on forever, i think it will be put back at the place you started after a few meters.
and if theres a server restart while the raft is still going it will respawn at spawnpoint after restart.
'Bug' #3
The scrap raft. I cannot access the Wiki to check how to do it (403 access forbidden). But I have lost numerous cars trying to drive them onto the scrap raft. The raft either glitches away and the car drops into the water and blows up. Or the car makes it ok, the HD freezes, I get kicked, spawn in and the car is under water and burning.
aye, the ferry is a bitch. u need a really flat beach and it works better with a friend.
drive the ferry onto the beach in reverse and keep pushing onto the beach while your friend tries to park the car on it.
and dont try it with trucks or helis :mrgreen:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

andex wrote: and dont try it with trucks or helis
I can agree with this. After taking my time getting over to Novi to repair a colonel tent truck, I managed to get it back to the scrap ferry after activating the heli mission right by the UN Military base. I avoided it but took a lot of damage and going way outta my way to get safe.

Anyway, I loaded the new truck onto the Ferry, attempted my sea crossing and 'glub glub glub' found myself trying to drive along the bottom of the seabed. Needless to say, I never did get my Colonel tent truck back to my base on the main island :(
Malau

Post by Malau »

My HDD is fine. Only Origins has this problem out of all the Arma mods I play.
Another player told me that the message they see in game is "player signature check timed out".
Googling this, there are threads out there that suggest changing 'maxpacketsize' in Arma20a.cfg. However process explorer shows that my data flow is completely normal, my GPU is at 29% and my CPU at around 55%.

On really old Origins, when you used to get kicked whilst flying, you and your chopper would on the ground in the spot you were kicked (a bummer if you were flying over a forest), it's a pity that the new version with the new Dayz code doesn't do that. Same with boats, I agree with your idea, players shouldn't have to suffer because of Arma bugs.

So for the scrap raft, you don't need a 'tow rope' or an 'old rope' ? Just drive it on ? Same for the Kamaz Beast ? (Which should float with tyres like that, but sadly doesn't :-) )