Some ideas for future patches...

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
IHIOUSE {TTRD}

Post by IHIOUSE {TTRD} »

What's up guys, here are a few suggestions I came up with while playing....

Upgraded Gates - Ability to upgrade gates to have a walkway like upgraded walls have

Stencils / Skins for Upgraded Fences & Gates - Ability to paint your upgraded fences & gates a solid color, camo, or use a stencil on it like we can with cars

Stencils / Skins for houses - Ability to paint your house a solid color, camo, or use a stencil on it like we can with cars

Snap Building - Like epoch has for building, we could use it to snap build fences or attach tank traps for houses built together

Houses & Storage Box Refresh - Instead of having to open a house and touch a storage box at least once every 14 days, they should refresh by simply logging onto the server like fences do

Ability to sleep in the mansion

SUV MG - Move the SUV MG spawn from inside the swallows nest. Players just put a gate up and block it off so nobody else in the server is ever able to use it

Stamina - Instead of just passing out from carrying too much weight, your character should just move slower the more weight he carries. Would be much more realistic. Stamina should be disabled at the trader also

Merlin - If you shoot a fully fixed merlin 1 time with a makarov it will drain all the fuel. This shouldn't happen

Hospitals - Open up the hospitals like they are on epoch and standalone. Also it could be intresting to have a blood transfusion machine inside of hospitals to be able to give yourself a blood bag. If you can sleep in a tent for 30 seconds and regain all of your blood than this sounds like a good feature

Vests - Add the different vests / plates to military spawns. I've never seen them anywhere besides Sec B and heli crashes

Medkits - Make the medkits a rare spawn in hospitals. This would attract more people to check hosptals

Humanity Fix - When you get a kill or 2 then die quickly after, you not only aren't given credit for the kills you got but you also lose some for the death. Would be nice if this could get fixed. Also would be nice to not have killing a combat logger count as a survivor kill

Locking Helis - Less materials should be needed to lock the small helicopters like the unicopter and proga (maybe even the 2 seat little bird)

Level 3 Nest - Lower the balcony wall so you are able to shoot over it (like the mansion balcony)

Less Vehicles - Seems the map has so many vehicles now that more models have been added. Reduce the number of vehicles on the server & make each vehicle have multiple spawn points, not 1 static spawn spot

Rare Item Spawns - Add limestone and reinforcing wood as a rare item spawn, and add screw spawns to more areas of the map

Safe - Add the ability to pack your safe. This would probably make the admins life easier so they don't have to do it manually for people

Added Camo - Be able to use any color combination to paint vehicles in camo

Houses - Maybe a nice addition for the future would be to have different models for stages of houses. Different versions of all levels of houses that would take different amounts of materials to build

Wells - Ability to drink from wells without needing a water bottle

Mayor George - Admin able to spawn in as Mayor George and fight against players hunting him down

Remove the no script errors found message when logging in

Here are some old suggestions I made from back on gamers platoon I'd still like to see :

Adding A Calendar / Weather System - Another concept i really like. A day in origins is 4 hours, that means 6 days in 24 hours, which is about 2 months for a full year. This would mean a season would last roughly 15 days. Imagine a winter season with random snow and cold weather, perhaps making heat packs and fire more useful, spring and fall with nice weather occasional rain & morning fog, and summer with hot days (more drink needed?) and some strong thunder storms. I think this could help add some realism and change the pace of the game.

Customizable Optics & Attachments For Guns - Add a little variety to the weapons rather than adding new ones Ex: DRM scope on M14 or M14 Aim Scope on a DMR

Eat / Drink In Vehicles - Because there is no reason you can't pop open a soda or eat something while driving

Access Gear While Driving -I know you can go to your map to access it, but why not make it accessible the normal way hitting G

Vault Jumping - Because i'm tired of stopping to hop sideways over a small fence and getting hit by zombies

Water vs Soda - Make it so if you drink water, you stay hydrated longer than if you drink soda. Will make wells and water canteens more desirable than just relying on finding tons of soda in every town you go to.
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

I like these suggestions very much
Especially the house/lockbox refresh!

A lot of these are depending on the game engine though, let's see what the devs say :-)
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

Houses & Storage Box Refresh - Instead of having to open a house and touch a storage box at least once every 14 days, they should refresh by simply logging onto the server like fences do

I just want to make a note on this wonderful suggestion again

If this was enabled then I don't have to worry about having a house on each island, as I simply have to log in, and the houses will be updated that I used them. Instead of going to each one and having to unlock/lock them.

Man that would rock the socks!!!! :D
IHIOUSE {TTRD}

Post by IHIOUSE {TTRD} »

Yea, it would def help keep players around. We have houses on 2 servers and it's quite the pain in the ass to touch all of the houses (and we are everyday players) I could imagine how hard it would be to have houses spread out if you play casually... at least it should be an option for the admins to enable.
GeriX

Post by GeriX »

Defentately some really good ideas, will see how and what will be added, Thanks for you help ;)
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

Awesome! :mrgreen:
MrMadness

Post by MrMadness »

id like them all to be honest
ElDubya

Post by ElDubya »

Agreed. They all sound like awesome ideas.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Great ideas. Especially being able to pack my safe. I get tired of asking admins to delete it everytime i want it moved.
Noodle

Post by Noodle »

All the ideas you suggested I would like to eventually see in the game, but one I would really like to see implemented would be a new way to get reinforced wood and limestone. I know you can get them from your lvl2 and a player can get cinders from Sector B or the Dead Forest, but what if the developers could create a quarry that provides players with limestone. Just as players have to use a pickaxe to mine rocks, maybe add in a new tool like a drill (rare) that would allow players to mine limestone. For the reinforced wood give the player the ability to craft reinforced wood by combining 2 wood and a scrap metal using a hammer or pliers.