Server & Game Performance

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
claronaut

Server & Game Performance

Post by claronaut »

Hey,

I really feel we need to stop creating and adding content and seriously look into what we can do as a Mod to counteract the deplorable Game & Server performance we all endure on a daily basis. It's been blatantly obvious that the De-Sync in the game has been getting gradually worse in the last year.

It's not hard to figure out what causes the terrible Desync that's ruins the game, there's a real lack of Servers now and there's also a real lack of Server Location choices, which means there are a wide range of different connections connecting to the servers which makes Syncing a hard task. I feel that there's other things that are coded in the game that has increased the level of Desync we all experience, specially when a server has 40+ players.

1. Loot spawning has been broken for about 6 months now. I can Guarantee you that this is the major contributor to the desync. And a contributor to most new people leaving the game as looting in this game is torture.
2. Due to the loot desync issue the server, in real time, fails to know where you are and will not spawn or de-spawn loot at your locations.
3. With he desync issue outstanding, missions were placed in the game forcing more loads onto a server that can't sync up everything without the missions.
4. Npc Helicopter patrols that are desynced to all hell still in the game with no real need.
5. Spawned Vehicles, there's far too many vehicles in the game and hubs of areas where 4 or 5 vehicles spawn, there's no need to all these vehicle. Most of the vehicles are never used. Reduce the amount of vehicles but spread the spawn points out.
6. Third Party private servers. I'm increasingly in doubt whether any third party private server service can run this game and provide what the game needs. They say that the game is on a SSD and there's tones of RAM and Processing dedicated to the server, but I really doubt that's the case. Arma 2 must be the only game in the world that can't handle 70 players on one server. That would be the worst multiplayer service a game has ever created and I just don't believe it. Add to that the constant issues of Private server admins, the admin tools, terrible anti-hacking service and the support given to the servers and you have the reason why the community is on it's last breath.

Origins is the perfect version of DayZ. But it's been executed terribly.

Some thoughts......