Power to Admins

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
Frank"Daniels"Harrison

Power to Admins

Post by Frank"Daniels"Harrison »

Origins used to have about 8000 servers as I've heard, then Epoch took over and the development stopped which has left it to around 2000, only about 100 decently populated (on DayZ Commander).
Of course, everyone loves Epoch, but I still think this is the most contentful mod and the best mod, however, Epoch had full server control to their admins, the best thing you can do here is see what other people see in first person, I see you are adding some things, but you need to give admins more power to their servers that they pay quite a bit for.
I'm not saying give them ability to spawn things in, but let them have some other stuff, like being able to edit their server ESPECIALLY with the loading screen and any on-screen messages. Maybe teleporting and god-mode, but if you did do that, you would have to add a section to the Reporting People section for reporting servers with admin abuse and being able to shut them down.
Only a thought, but a lot more people that ran highly populated servers would most likely come back and be able to make their server a little more unique, like changing the loot tables to a certain extent.
Anyways, please consider.
Thx ~Daniels
Homer

Re: Power to Admins

Post by Homer »

With the last update in Origins Guard the Admins won new powers. We can change the weather, starting loadout for all or specific players, NPC difficulty (Sector B, missions, Ivan's Lab etc), time between missions, sector B air patrol difficulty.

Customizing the 1st or 2nd loading screen maybe an idea, I don't dislike it.

Teleporting, GodMod, and Spawing items is one of the worse ideas that could be added. Now a days an admin cant sneeze without someone shouting admin abuse, so you those options were on the table with would be 5x worse...

Why do people like Epoch or other PVP bases mods? Well thats its... PVP. Give a player a sniper in every apartment or chicken nest and you have a happy player. Give a player some difficulties and challenges and they will whine and complain. We live in the COD and BF age, where you just point and shoot with big guns. So yeah those kind of mods will always have more players around, but I don't care. Origins is still unique, with something that resembles a story and back ground, and these things evolve with every update.
Waffeleisen

Post by Waffeleisen »

If admins will be able to spawn items or have godmode they can't play on their own server anymore because everyone will call them abuser.
JoePowell

Post by JoePowell »

teleport is only useful for players that are stuck.
no no no no need, this is the start of great fenomen with name "don't shoot me I am friendly" or can u help me get out with u heli, RPG part in motion.

P.S. Sorry, Joe I wanna quote u post, but I edit it, and lost original post, such dumbass moderator I am :P (c) technicianhard
Frank"Daniels"Harrison

Post by Frank"Daniels"Harrison »

Good points and I didn't realize that Origins guard had been updated and I never have liked starting Loadout changes, I've already joined two servers today with some hefty stuff, all of the people on them were rude and just being massive dicks, they should just go play OverPoch, also, I see why the AI were so hard at some missions today :3