Massive suggestion list

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
☮ Rhythmic Tune ☮

Massive suggestion list

Post by ☮ Rhythmic Tune ☮ »

Here's a bunch of suggestions I have for the dev-team.

1. Make Scrap Buses useful: Allow them to be mounted as a fixed defense for a base, meaning you have a stationery gun. Like you chop off everything but the gun segment and make it a defense.

2. Buff low level cars: Such as the Land Rover (Military Off-road), Scrap Buggy, Scrap Bus, Scrap APC, Raft, Lada, and other small cars. Cars like the Land Rover need to have their inventories buffed badly, 50 slots in this massive hulking truck? Seriously? Buffs in that dept. are needed so bad.

3. Novistrana & Nothern quarries: A quarry in Novistrana and somewhere near Ekat or Kameni are seriously needed. It can be such a pain to get rocks up there.

4. Random minable rock spawns: Basically free 15 rocks from small rocks that spawns randomly around the world. Primarily up North near Kameni and Ekat. Novistrana would also have a few, but primarily Nothern mainland.

5. Server vehicle spawn number control: Not an admin or owner myself but I think they would appreciate such a feature. I would ban most Scrap Buggies, :P

6. New STOL (Short Take-off & Landing) aircraft: I would say if this happens make it require a bit of work, but not too much to the point where it's useless. I think an aircraft that can STOL in most fields is a good decision. I would say do not make it survivor made, but make it upgrade able with armor for the widows, and maybe make an upgrade for the engine to make it armored.

7. Ways to remove vehicle upgrades: Holy crap this is annoying. Got myself a Bimmer and Im worried someone in my group will put a plow on it so I can't store it. I have it locked but it still worries me. For this I would implement a crowbar used to remove this sort of stuff.

8. House painting & upgrades: Make houses paintable and even camo net-able. Maybe allow survivors to upgrade them such as making a armored fence, or make it so they have to put the tank traps in as an upgrade.

9. Craft able vehicles: Would be a good edition in my opinion. I would make it so you could craft dirt bikes and other motorcycles in this method.

10. Catwalks for fences: I think fences could use this, or...

11. Make towers able to integrate with fences: Would be a pretty simple addition and would do a lot of good by making all those WT blueprints useful.

12. Water garages: Docks with built in garages would be a good addition for those few who build out on the beaches. I would say make them an Ivan drop and make it one sized for something like the Nautilus.

13. Water bases: Dev-team talked about adding underwater and water based playing, why not a water base? Super rare blueprints and they would take a clan to make, but they have to be away from shore and any island. Out maybe 2km? Limiting them from camping Sec.B with them.

14. More clothing loot: Make clothing a loot drop you can find, whether it's worker clothes or a police men uniform I think they should be added.

15. Less destroyed vehicles in towns and on bridges: Hating how some towns make you have to use Q while driving through them. Bridges are even worse. Really annoying.

16. Make the Flying Fortress not such a waste of time: It's way to hard to fix and I think it should be easier to fix but not super easy.

17. Heaters and air conditioning: With the new Taviana temperature addition I think we need these as a part of house upgrades, to help make it so you don't freeze your a** off or melt.

18. Trailers: Make them one of the vehicles you can find, or make it so you have to make them. I think they could make some bad vehicles like the Land Rover much better because those kinds of vehicles will have tow hooks already built in. Other vehicles like the M3 need to be upgraded with it, and only certain vehicles can get the upgrade. Vehicles like Lada's could not.

19. Vehicle maintenance: Make it so vehicles that sit for a while have to have their carbs cleaned or something. Or gas has to be replaced from sitting. I would say a week of no use will cause this making some vehicles harder and others easier to get. Vehicles like the Scrap Buggy will be low maintenance while stuff like the Taviander and M3 will need more maintenance needed. Carburetors will be a loot spawn, rare, but can be put in a car to do a fast carb fix.

20. Farms & Wafer distilling: Remember standalones useless farming system? While I think it will eventually be praised when bases are added, until then nothing. Origins should have greenhouses that can be made, only in open sunlight areas. You can grow food. I would find this useful for the people that live on islands or have well developed bases. For distilling make it so you can find distillers or make a distiller out of loot you find. They will function similar to farms but for water.

21. Making new vehicles and making old ones upgrade able: I think vehicles like a VW Baywindow bus, ambulance, Baja Bugs, and other sort will be good additions. Other good upgrade is to make old vehicles like the SUV replaced with a survivor made one you can reinforce.

22. More nested houses: I would say for the net nested house have them build around a smoke stack, or maybe an oil rig.

23. New weapon sounds and new walking sounds: Sounds like walking on sand have concrete sfx and it sounds plain bad. I think that should be updated if possible, along with weapon sounds. Too many share the same sfx.

24. Safe zone for a automated ferry to the trader: May not be the best idea but should be one nonetheless. Would make it easier to get there if you don't have a boat to use or a helicopter.

25. Make Praga's amphibious and armor-able: Praga's have the big barrel landing skids and should have bouncy as an upgrade, and armor around stuff such as the jump seats on the outside, and the engine.

26. Rans S-9 Chaos: Now here's a weird suggestion, the Chaos is a single seat two stroke mid wing home built. I think it could serve a good purpose for getting around in ways other than a helicopter.

27. Able to build hangars and clear trees to make your own makeshift airstrip: Using the excavator you should be able to with enough supplies in a field make a dirt runway and a hangar that can be constructed and locked to store a vehicle. I think they would need to work out how to get one in a hangar without it facing inwards.

28. 'New' tools: I would say make old tools fairly common and have a good chance to break but make 'new' tools that have a low chance to break. I would add new rope and give it the use for tying players up. Old would be easier to break and would be ideal for cranes while 'new' rope is best for tying players.

------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's all my ideas for Origins so far, will update it as I play more and got more ideas.

Feedback will be appreciated. :)
SGTSADSACK

Massive suggestion list

Post by SGTSADSACK »

Gunners don't seem to get shot at by AI in scrap buses, they seem pretty usefull ;)
Crime

Massive suggestion list

Post by Crime »

1. bullshit, no need
2. i agree
3. there is a quarry in novistrana
4. no need, only more lagg
5. a control panel for car spawns would be nice,, like blocking the gunner suv f.e.
6. dunno
7. i agree
8. good idea, need to be a bit more worked out then
9. bad idea, no fucking epoch ^^
10. there is lol, upgraded fences got that
11. no need for that
12. see 11
13. see 11
14. already enough skins with the levels, it would just confuse players
15. this is a survival game, not epoch or wasteland buddy
16. i agree
17. coming with 1.8 i think
18. no need, to much for arma i think
19. good idea, this would prevent players from saving a bunch of cars in their garages
20. useless, it would create more lagg for nothing
21. suv is already good enough, it would be unbalanced if it is able to be reinforced
22. no need, already enough to build
23. coming with 1.8 i think
24. no need, only more desync
25. good idea, like it
26. there is already a solo player helicopter ingame
27. completely bullshit
28. no need, the "new" old tools have to be rare.

no offense against you, but did you actually check the forum? because a lot of stuff has already been anounced what you are looking forward to be added :D
and did you come from epoch? because your suggestions sometimes look similiar to these bullshit features on any random epoch server, 20 million bases which are op and no player has to set even one foot out of it, cause he has all the shit he needs in his base ^^ origins is made for players to keep on the move, there is no place where you can get the best weapons, industrial and residential loot at the same time, you have to loot certain places to get your shit together, i hope origins keeps like that because that is the difference to epoch with their 12 barracks at the airfield, supermarket, industrials and so on.

Hope this is enough feedback from my side for you :b :)