Admin tools- Spectates

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
|LP|Miv.™

Admin tools- Spectates

Post by |LP|Miv.™ »

Good afternoon everyone

I think the tools of the admins should be changed. such as how to perform spectates players. It should be prohibited or blocked by admin, he should not be able to be playing and making spectate the same time. In order to prevent abuse of admins. So when I was spec could make out of the game.

best regards
technicianhard

Re: Admin tools- Spectates

Post by technicianhard »

Good idea, btw before this tool apeared I was voiting against cam tool. Now I see I was wrong, +100500 cheaters in this game and admins helps much with catching them.
|LP|Miv.™

Post by |LP|Miv.™ »

Yes of course you should do spectates. but not while you have to play. So it is almost like a cheat. Rather than map hacks. An admin who wants revenge on a player, just write his name and go to the place where he is
BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker »

As an admin of the server you on I feel offended by your post.

Since the spectate feature was implemented we have caught many hackers. And most of them also got a global ban.
We also use spectate to help players that don't know the mod and ask for help. For example giving they directions to the closest town or explaining why they can't build an house.
Finally, we also use it to catch people exploiting or breaking the server rules.

I seriously don't know why you feel this way. But if you're not happy on our server you can just move to other one.

And btw, here is an example of us using the spectate to catch people using exploits... OMG, isn't that you at 2:28?
|LP|Miv.™

Post by |LP|Miv.™ »

Stack, why do you feel offended? I know not accused you of anything;)

But even now, I mean the only server admins German origins Fritenbude where we were victims of abuse admin where we ended up leaving the server. and have knowledge of various abuses in other servers admin. If I thought you guys were admim abuse, think he was still playing in your server? I think not.

Already now this ... This video shows exploit that was done in my own base, where I already talked to you and everything got resolved never did in my gates. I think at this point anyone who was offended was me.
Homer

Post by Homer »

I can change the loadout of a single payer to nothing - Admin abuse
I can have heavy fog in the hours Im not playing - Admin abuse
I can kick someone for ping if I want - Admin abuse
I can lower sector B difficulty for my pleasure - Admin abuse
I can change the time between missions to make it really hard for player to move around - Admin abuse
I can kick a player that just opened his house and not let him log back in - Admin abuse
I can spectate and not play but tell my clan mates - Admin abuse (this one is important)

Ah I remember the good old days, when all the admin had was DaRT and people where teleporting around, spawning URALs full of guns, transforming into NPCs or even dogs, killing everyone in the server over and over and over again, and the happy admin could only sit and watch it happen without having any power to protect his server or the community.

The truth is that with the spectating tool hackers after hacker got caught. We have a bit list with videos of players hacking that lead to Global Bans, and that keeps our server clean, has well has the server of admins that have a head on their shoulders, and want to give their community a clean server.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

A little problem in this idea - disabled admin anyway got ts or something and he can tell comrades - there is the enemy, so idea works only for lone wolf admins. Btw I shoot some ghost-ops admin asses and never see they using cam in battle, I think they don't know how to do it ^^ or I will be dead already, just remember the case in mitro bloodbath event, then mr.admin was trying to camp Stangrad firestation then I was on the pipe nearby.
Homer

Post by Homer »

Many server admins that risk admin abuse will soon be paying 50€ a month for an empty server.
|LP|Miv.™

Post by |LP|Miv.™ »

Exact Cat, I think it depends on the admin itself be fair and play fair. But I watched a lot of times, admins teleporting in front of me and kill everyone ..

Stack btw, I think I is not the first time that I congratulate staff for banning hackers. But ok. There for currently playing on your server, does not mean I have not played in many other servers.
Homer

Post by Homer »

|LP|Miv.™ wrote:Exact Cat, I think it depends on the admin itself be fair and play fair. But I watched a lot of times, admins teleporting in front of me and kill everyone ..

Stack btw, I think I is not the first time that I congratulate staff for banning hackers. But ok. There for currently playing on your server, does not mean I have not played in many other servers.
Admins that teleport themselfs will eventually get a global ban. Theres even a topic of an admin in the ban appeals.

The admins of the first server I played in did that. Teleport, item spawn, god mod. They got banned and the server got shut down.