WHAT IS HAPPENED ????

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
SASOU

WHAT IS HAPPENED ????

Post by SASOU »

Hello, first I apologize for the mistakes, I use a translator.

I wish to feedback about the update 1.8 ... and how to say ... it's a disaster !!!

Why did you copied the other mods (Standalone and Epoch) ? while our model was almost perfect origins.
For starters there are now too many items. Now to repair a vehicle requires too many items. I did not play mecano-simulator ... Then, new diseases, one more horror. Before it was enough to administer a painkiller dose, to get a blood or bandage, or even take a antibiotic, but now ... there are only diseases. We get hit by a zombie, we're infected. If you eat too much you get sick, etc ... and for some remedies must be the laboratory Sabina there is no other solution. WHAT THE FUCK ?? What do you play? All of these additions is good for PVE players who have nothing else to do the craft. To make a vehicle go from one city to another must now provide hours of farm. Not to mention the essentials (blood, painkiller, bandage), which have become so rare ...

Bring up the rare loot around the map that was fine, add weapons not bad (though you could do better on the choice of weapons), add an extension to the map that is good, ability to upgrade the armor of a vehicle that's fine ... but why make it so complicated game? What we loved about our mod was its simplicity. But you just killed the Mod. The players are unhappy, except our PVE friends.

To clear you've done too much and you risk losing a lot of players of DayZ Origins community, myself included. There are too many items. You would limit yourself to a disease or two more with easy to find remedies for healing, the ability to upgrade the armor vehicles, and keep the rest. Because after 10 spent on version 1.8 I have even want to return, yet I really liked this Mod.

Summary:

- Weapons: OK
- Ability to upgrade vehicle armor: OK
- New disease: bad (too many medical objects)
- Repairing a vehicle: very bad (too many new parts included in the repair, not to mention it takes too object to be able to repair these parts)
- Find rare stuff all over the map: OK
- Extension of the map: OK
- New vehicles: OK
- New skins: OK
- Some important objects (blood among others ...) too hard to find.
- Ability to be able to do a blood yourself: OK
- Find books to improve skills: OK

Possible improvements:
- Add new spawn zones
- Improve Ghillie Suit for bandits

The upgrade was really awaited by all, but unfortunately very few negatives make it very bad. And many players may leave this Mod. Maybe you have done so in order to attract more players and Mods Epoch other, but in the end you will lose a lot of the grassroots community. We can not find the Mod Origins as was known, with its simplicity and effectiveness. Now it's a Mod much pushed into the craft, and that is unfortunate.

And finally, thank you for everything else, I am dissatisfied with this update but you did a great job, you are listening to the community and this is a good thing. so thank you.

And thank you for reading my post, and good luck for the future and hope that you return to this update to offer us any less complicated so that it regains its interest Mod.
'Erb Garden

WHAT IS HAPPENED ????

Post by 'Erb Garden »

SASOU wrote:Hello, first I apologize for the mistakes, I use a translator.

- Find books to improve skills: OK
You're the first to say that....

If i was to establish an opinion on your opinion, i would say you play more casually than me, perhaps.
Origins has never been what the basic DayZ has been of "Log in, find guns, start killing people until gets killed". The Mod has established a heavy PVE element since many updates ago.

If i were to elaborate further i might also say you perhaps lack the right community to play the game within, and also, the experience of persevering through the 1.8 mod.

MUCH HAS CHANGED.
But it is not a bad thing.

Loot placement has completely changed, what you may have found no longer will be found where you thought. What you needed, you now need more of, and of different varieties.

Let me put this in to perspective:

1.6:
I once played back in 1.6, by the time i had built a lvl 2 hero house, i had 2 or 3 working helicopters, would clear sector b each restart on my server, and had about 10 storage crates full of guns and ammunition. The game then became dull, because i had nothing more to work towards, i hosted the server, and was an established lvl 3 hero and always helped the newcomers and long time players.

Now:
I play on someone else server, a friendly community with an active player base of between 4 and 12 people. Everyone is welcoming, helpful, and out to have a good time, and work out this insanely complex mod. Bound as a community, we strive to establish and uncover the secrets in the game now.

We attempted Sector B a few nights ago, with 6 of us is took 4 hours or more, and that doesn't include time spent finding and fueling a submarine ready for the crew.

Personally, i am now very well established with my clan, some 7 of us all with at least a Safe. I have managed a Small Garage, Lvl1, Lvl2 houses and fenced off my area, i'm happy at present.

Still no Helicopter might i add...
And i still can barely repair a Car to a stage where it won't explode upon knocking a post at 2mph.

So in regards to what you've said about illness'
The diseases are easy to detect: use an illness tester
The diseases are easy to cure: Activated Charcoal, Antibiotics, Food, Drink, Painkillers, the only difficult thing is Blood Poisoning of which you'll need Bloodbag with Antibiotics, found in the Lab. But hell, if you and 1 other person can't clear Ivan's Lab, you've definitely got some work to do.

In regards to what you said about loot
As said above, the placement has changed. You're not looking in the right place.

The skills menu (F1) and the experience gain, is something i'm surprised you've not complained about, given the subjects above. They are long winded, difficult to understand, and bestow an unworldly grind upon the player.

I think you should keep playing, give it the benefit of the doubt, and see where you end up.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

WHAT IS HAPPENED ????

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I agree with Erb Garden above. Origins has always been a more in depth mod with the vision of building and crafting and a PvP element added for those that wish to play that way.

Your comments above are fair but I think that those you play with either dont know how to help you and you havent spent enough time trying to progress your skills - the forums here will help you massively.

1. Find books in Schools libraries and then farm items to get your skills up.

2. Medical supplies such as blood, testers etc can be found at the usual places (hospitals).

3. Mechanic supplies can be found at the harbours/industrial buildings along with most tools except saws which can be found in barns/saw mills.

4. My advice is for you to spend a week or so just skilling up, then take your time getting a base built for a bit of security. If you want PvP, you will be better placed to then go to martins barracks to get your guns. Now you can PvP and probably have a better chance than other PvP'ers as you will have medical supplies and vehicles where they will not.

Give it a try and good luck
SASOU

WHAT IS HAPPENED ????

Post by SASOU »

ok i understand your point of view, but before the 1.8 update, there was more than 1500 players on the Mod. Now there is 400 or 500 players maximum. What's happened ? If the Mod as you said why players are all gone ?
osi1

WHAT IS HAPPENED ????

Post by osi1 »

To fix a car, so you can drive from A to B, you have to spend the same effort like in 1.7x
- find a car
- find 4 wheels
- find a jerry can
- find a wrench (former toolbox)

As my previous speaker said, most ilnesses are easy to cure and the ones are not are uncommen

Just hop on the server "bierstuebchen" and a friendly and helpful comunity will show you the massive benefits of 1.8
:)

regards