Accessing Gear in House

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
Udenz

Accessing Gear in House

Post by Udenz »

I think allowing you to access your house gear while it's locked can become a good benefit for the owner. Especially for E.Nest Owners as your door/hatch is open when you access your house gear. This can cause many irritating problems for the owner, due to the fact someone could climb up and shoot the owner, where on a house you can manually close the door and access your house gear. Maybe implementing an option to close the hatch on your E.Nest, which you'll have to disable the ladder since you could just climb straight through (Arma bug), or allowing the owner to access his/hers house gear when locked in.
andex

Accessing Gear in House

Post by andex »

Udenz wrote: access your house gear while it's locked
bad idea
Udenz wrote: implementing an option to close the hatch on your E.Nest, which you'll have to disable the ladder since you could just climb straight through (Arma bug)
good idea
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Accessing Gear in House

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

andex wrote:
Udenz wrote: access your house gear while it's locked
bad idea

- why may I ask? If this was based on realism, Im fairly sure I can access the contents of my house whilst my front door is locked?
Udenz wrote: implementing an option to close the hatch on your E.Nest, which you'll have to disable the ladder since you could just climb straight through (Arma bug)
good idea

I think it makes fairly logical sense that you can access your inventory when the door is locked... the only reason to not allow it, is for people who are being hunted cant lure the hunter to their house, change to a big weapon and then just spray them with a hailstorm of bullets.

I actually cant see why this was implented this way?
andex

Accessing Gear in House

Post by andex »

for the logic and realism aspects you are absolutely right.

i guess i am scared of glitchers. im not sure how easy it is to get inside a locked house nowadays, but im pretty sure its still possible.
glitching into a stronhold is easy and there are tons of garages and nested building without roofs.

i just dont like the idea that you can access the gear when you are in the right position. i feel better when i know that my stuff is protected with a code.
no code - no access
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Accessing Gear in House

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ahh, I see your point there. Yes, there is always the glitching aspect that I guess can happen on any server at any time to anyone.

They could always implement a safe in the house so you unlock the safe to get to your inventory, but you can still do it with the main door locked :)