Ideas for 2016 Origins Mod

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
JoePowell

Post by JoePowell »

Hello All,

Happy new year to everyone.
If anyone would like to provide feedback on the current system, improvements that could be made, or new ideas to be introduce please feel free to let us know by replying to this post.

HAPPY HUNTING!

-Joe
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

please make it possible for the excavator to demolish the nested buildings by adding a wrecking ball to it, had many players bitching about having to wait to for their nested to despawn, when they want to move their bases to a different areea
Last edited by spuduk3 on 17 Feb 2016 23:18, edited 3 times in total.
nddxc06

Post by nddxc06 »

Right now I would be happy if the next patch fixed the sector B settings in Origins Guard as they seem to be set at 100% regardless of what the settings are on.

Apart from that thanks for your hard work on freshening up the mod. :D
nddxc06

Post by nddxc06 »

I would be happy to see the Sector B settings in Origins Guard take effect as at the moment it is permanently at 100% regardless of actual settings.

I am not sure how long this has been like this but certainly at least 3 months as that is how long I have had the server the result of this is nobody attempts it anymore.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

JimmyDazzler wrote:You transfer this mod to arma 3 and you win the game.

Thats all you should be thinking about.

Get it working for arma 3.
Im no modder/scripter but i see a big issue with moving to arma3. Arma3 is still very much being developed and changed. The dev team may have to spend most their time making compatibility patches and update fixes instead of working on content for the game. They may end up putting alot of work into a new feature just to be sent back to the start because arma3 got an update and it changed somthing. Just my observation and i could be wrong about everything i just said.
Banana

Post by Banana »

JimmyDazzler wrote:You transfer this mod to arma 3 and you win the game.

Thats all you should be thinking about.

Get it working for arma 3.

Personally I don't think you would have the same experience if you transferred to Arma 3,
It would be alright but I don't think it would be anywhere near as fun.
Bammer-D

Post by Bammer-D »

Add a "wrecking ball" vehicle so a player can demolish their nest. Or update the Excavator to be able to demolish them. Also, add an option to "Dig Up Safe" to the Excavator so you can remove your Old Safe and possibly reuse it. Also with the new medical items, I would like to be able to administer the zombie anti-virus, Ivan anti-virus, anti-blood poisoning blood bags and leg splints to other people.

Added in 2 minutes 34 seconds:
nddxc06 wrote:Right now I would be happy if the next patch fixed the sector B settings in Origins Guard as they seem to be set at 100% regardless of what the settings are on.

Agreed. The AI waves do not spawn and you can't turn off the random M2s if you want to.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

maybe think about your use of the version numbers.

this new update, 1.8.2, brings in two complete new features, so i would say changing only the last digit doesn't reflect the afford you put in it. the people could think "look, another bug fix".

i would recommend:

-the last digit only for hot fixes/bug fixing or small adjustments
-the second digit for new game features, major map overhaul
-the first digit for alpha/beta status

so 1.x.x for alpha, like now, 2.x.x for beta and maybe 3.x.x for the full release

and remember, if you don't want to hit 2.x.x to fast, just use after 1.9.x 1.10.x; 1.11.x and so on

IMHO
Nex1

Post by Nex1 »

Arma 3
Paliubomu

Post by Paliubomu »

why we dont have option disasemble metal suport to reinforcing material?
flospi

Post by flospi »

A Random Spawn and state of the cars and helicopters would be realy nice.