Ideas for 2016 Origins Mod

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
JoePowell

Post by JoePowell »

Hello All,

Happy new year to everyone.
If anyone would like to provide feedback on the current system, improvements that could be made, or new ideas to be introduce please feel free to let us know by replying to this post.

HAPPY HUNTING!

-Joe
Hell.frost

Post by Hell.frost »

New long range rifles.

M21 or .50 rifles.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

-Unique stencils, only one car can have at the same time. (e.g. if you use the Rammstein stencil at your SUV, no other player can use it to paint his until yours is destroyed or he has to steal it.
(but only do this for a few, very exclusive ones)

-radioactive zones, where you take damage/radiation over time except you are wearing special protective clothing, pills to lower your level of radiation or give you some resistance, higher/better loot in this areas .....

-more crafting, like using the furnace(maybe with wood/fuel/coal) to melt scrap metal/empty cans/metal supports/empty bottles into reforcing material/alu/glass (example: 1x metal supports -> 2x ref material; 30x cans -> 1x alu; 6x scrap -> 1x ref. material ....)

- id on't like the idea of mining scrap metal/ ref material at a mine/the iron mine, because it would be unrealistic. You have to mine 10000kg stone to get one kg iron ore, you have to transport it, and you have to refine it, therefore you need energy, much ernergy, much more than melting down scrap metal
Last edited by osi1 on 19 Jan 2016 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

osi1 wrote:
what do you think about the idea of enabling building in/by some constructions/buildings like the old castles/ruins(or only there)?
it would be very badass if you could close the gabs in the old walls with a few fences and build inside it
This is possible already at helfenburg castle north of kamini ;)
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

ishootpaint wrote:
osi1 wrote:
what do you think about the idea of enabling building in/by some constructions/buildings like the old castles/ruins(or only there)?
it would be very badass if you could close the gabs in the old walls with a few fences and build inside it
This is possible already at helfenburg castle north of kamini ;)
How about then... Abandoned ruins that could be repaired. It would be nice if we could make a ruin look new again and use it.

Customisable house interiors/exteriors to make things look different. Id like to see camo options so you can put your nest/towers in the trees better.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

osi1 wrote: - id on't like the idea of mining scrap metal/ ref material at a mine/the iron mine, because it would be unrealistic. You have to mine 10000kg stone to get one kg iron ore, you have to transport it, and you have to refine it, therefore you need energy, much ernergy, much more than melting down scrap metal
If your refering to my post i dont think its much of a stretch to mine ore from an iron mine. As far as i know it serves no purpose at the moment and i would almost bet they already had somthing like what i suggested in mind. Why else would they go through the trouble of making a map location nobody will go to because theres nothing but a hole in the ground with machinery.

We have to draw a line somwhere between immersion/realism and gameplay. The more ways there is to do somthing the less of a grind it feels like. If we rule out any idea just because its not 100% true to life we end up with a game nobody wants to play. People took it hard enough needing 3 tools instead of a toolbox.

You seem to be in the same position as me liking the survival and realilistic aspects of the game. But if were going to play the realism card on the iron ore i will play the card for your idea of only having 1 car on the server with a certain stencil which obviously is anything but realilistic.

If anything you just made the ore idea better. You will get alot of rocks in between getting the precious ore. Im not trying to be argumentative, just calling out my called out post.
GrandRoyal

Post by GrandRoyal »

Some ideas..

- Tripwire flare ( was an awsome addon in orginal OFP ) craftable ( in Origins )
Just imagine fooling around in your base at night and ... intense!

- More missions and mabey some removed ( admins choise mabey )

- The new admin choise to disable/enable skills : Mabey an option to just disable/enable medic or mechanic..or both
like now.

- Allready said before bur more special locations ( alien camp, sector ) can be small with small reward.

- With all insane looting for parts, don`t you think that we deserve a little dance around the fireplace? :mrgreen:
Lootable oldshool cassette player and lootable cassettes ( one track )

ahh to tired ... more to come ;)

Thanks for awsome mod!
vyegas

Post by vyegas »

Hi all,

More ideas:

-Players can build some ligth circuit on bases, (so the bases inside the woods can have ligths) with option turn ON/OFF.
-New spawn locations
-Big tends (like the tends we have in some citys) (miitary tends) (for players can sleep, make a fire inside and protect from rain and cold).
-New bases defenses (M2 machineguns) to build in bases to defence)
-New vehicles (Heavy cars,military cars, sidecar moto(3players).
-less material for the flyingfortress
-New Boats
-New boat (like flyingfortress) so u can build one base in ocean and move arround the map)
-Abillity to Fish in rivers/ocean
-New wild life(wolfs,bears,cows,pigs,sheeps)
-Acess to sector B with bridge
-Option to build "camo" in vehicles, houses, like a cover to "camo" (ex. small bush, big bush)
- Fruit trees
-build broiler, to be in bases( with option "getting fire)
-KA and Merlin stencils
-Suv special stencils
-Option to buld diferente type of wheels (new rimms)
-armed zombies
-* this option i think impossible but funny Dog for put inside your bases to secure the base) buy a dog in trader (small dog) have to give food drink to grow up.
-New Guillisuit ( fake zombie---so u can pretend you are a zombie, civilian cloths( woman cloth, men cloth,circus cloth) civilian cloth are ramdom.

Its all for now.

Thanks and keep the goo work.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Id like to see a new set of new non AI missions. It would be fun where we could go on major zombie killing sprees/frenzy. A mission which stated that there are a hoarde of zombies approaching a school where some stranded kids have been found. Get there before the Zombies and hold off the waves. Im thinking 500 Zeds for a major kill count :) Easy but ammo could be the issue. It doesnt have to be major loot but would be good for beginners, and for those who just want to have some mindless fun... also, helps the humanity :)
JimmyDazzler

Post by JimmyDazzler »

You transfer this mod to arma 3 and you win the game.

Thats all you should be thinking about.

Get it working for arma 3.
GrandRoyal

Post by GrandRoyal »

- Remove all the new vegetation in Vladimir and Alexander ( Horrible lag now )
- Lootspawn is logical ( good ) now, but seems rather slow and broken sometimes
- Add 4-6 zombie hordes every restart. Random spawn ( not in cities) 10-25 zeds in each horde. Mabey a horde leader zed with a little reward.
- Said before but.. Leave notes/mail ingame to other players.
- Make us fear zeds even more!

Keep up the good work!