Vacation/Holiday mode

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Vacation/Holiday mode

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I think that for the next patch there should be a vacation mode option when you log in or out. This should allow you to choose a period of time where you know you will be unable to log in and this setting effectively freezes your assets so you dont lose them.

For example, if I'm on a two week holiday (which I will be in late September) I will not be able to log in and will lose my houses/vehicles and will have to start from scratch.

If there was an option where I could enter a vacation mode, I could define a set time (minimum of 1 week and maximum of 3 weeks) where I can have my account frozen/protected.

Pre-empted answers to any questions you may raise:

1. Minimum of 1 week would stop people from entering vacation mode to protect their assets if they were in a 'war' with other players.
2. Maximum of 3 weeks would stop players from entering a 'long duration of time' where vehicles on a server were not available to active players.
3. A long serving player on a server doesnt lose everything they have worked for.
4. Lone wolves are no longer punished for playing solo (groups of players can unlock each others vehicles)
5. Last but still important; servers would probably stay active as players who lose everything - rarely come back.

What are your thoughts?
andex

Vacation/Holiday mode

Post by andex »

good idea.
it was a real pain in the past.
it needs to be abuse proof tho, but you got some nice ideas for that

but imo it should be buildings only, not vehicles.
vehilce hoarding is not a healthy habit :roll:

anyway andex cleanup enterprises should be a thing on every server
me and my dshkm liberating caged vehicles since 2013
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Vacation/Holiday mode

Yes, agreed on the vehicles thing... was thinking a bit selfishly there as I have my Merlin, M2 Landrover, Colonel Tent truck all safely tucked away and Id hate to lose them. But yes, this is primarily based at houses.

Lets hope it can be implemented, as I'd be interested to see how many players have given up on Dayz due to loss of houses for losing internet or going on holiday.
ishootpaint

Vacation/Holiday mode

Post by ishootpaint »

andex wrote:good idea.
anyway andex cleanup enterprises should be a thing on every server
me and my dshkm liberating caged vehicles since 2013
Free those poor caged vehicles and send them back to their natural habitat(spawn). I really want to recreate the end of the movie Free Willie using the submarine now :lol: . On a serious note i think vacation mode(minus it protecting vehicles) is a great idea.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Vacation/Holiday mode

I know I should know this but is the dshkm a gun or a vehicle with a gun?
andex

Vacation/Holiday mode

Post by andex »

im talkin bout this

but iirc dshkm is a mounted ds(c)hk machine gun, so its technically the gun,
but for most pepole "dshkm" is this armed uaz.
ishootpaint

Vacation/Holiday mode

Post by ishootpaint »

Look at that majestic beast in the fields frolicking.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Vacation/Holiday mode

M2 Landrover is better I have heard? Real 50. Cal isnt it?

Ive my Pick up with a PKM I think, Ive my M2, dont tell me I need to go and steal one of these off someone later tonight too?!!
ishootpaint

Vacation/Holiday mode

Post by ishootpaint »

The DSHKM is about the same as the M2 damage wise.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Vacation/Holiday mode

Thanks ISP, back to topic now.

Was thinking as an extra, if the mods updated Origins guard, they could have a setting to allow duration of vacation mode. This way, an active server with many active players might want to lower the vac mode to allow bases to disappear and allow others to 'move in' so to speak.

A less active server would benefit from 2 weeks onwards