Changes

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
Korpisolttu

Changes

Post by Korpisolttu »

17th August
I'll be updating this thread later on (got long list), but here's one for first:
Missions are nice addition to this mod, I like them. You can locate the missions easiest if you own PDA and know what to do, fine enough. Problems starts when you don't own PDA, we've lost couple of cars with full building gear inside of them to these ambushes. I'm okay if it's player with mkmod or larger player groub ambushing us, but if there's groub of AIs shooting your car full of bullets suddenly without warning, I find it kind of extra burden. I don't know if this is also server optional? It's not a complaint, maybe we can debate about this productively and have new ideas. For example it would be nice if there was 500 meter radius from objective which gives warning message that you're entering deadly mission zone. I'm not asking necessarily epoch/wasteland stylish all player notifications. I'm ok with PDA as long as you have some kind of warning (when you're without PDA) when you're entering to mini sector-b and you're in great danger to lose all what you have with you.
Also is it intended that AI starts to run out of their mission zones sometimes? As we've done these missions, we've seen couple of AIs run over 1km away from the mission area, and finding those last "escapers" has required lot of time.

Nvm, misunderstood.
Bring back good old UH-1 air-patrols BECAUSE: the new mi-26 is just TOO damn deadly. As the mod has super AI (long spot range and über accuracy) it's even worse when beast like mi-26 is having such AI crew. I can take those super infantry AIs, but battle helicopter which has automatic cannon and rockets?! I was witnessing the following incidents:
Two days ago my mate was inside the vehicle around 1,5 - 2km away from me when the battle MI-26 flies over him. Well, MI just continues for another two kilometers when he's finally at me. At this point it stops and turns, and shoots few bursts... meanwhile my mate starts shouting in Mumble that ground is exploding around him (he exited from car like 5s before MI-26 starts shooting) and in couple of seconds explosions hit him and he's dead. I saw the heli shooting, and I knew where my mate was, so I took a screenshot of the map and the range from heli to my mate was 1,7km - 2,0km. http://i.imgur.com/8chBLU1.jpg
Okay, next day this mi-26 starts shooting rockets at our chopper which we have just landed on mountain, we didn't even hear the chopper before the ground started exploding near our chopper (it wasn't automatic cannon explosions, it was rockets explosions, I've played arma2 couple of years so I know the difference from sound and look). Fair enough, this time it missed barely (since it hit the edge of mountain and we ran out of chopper so it stopped shooting as our heli became neutral target for it) and didn't cause damage (propably AT rockets which have no HE blast damage in arma2 code) and we and our chopper survived without damage this time.
Today I landed to pick up my mate with our MI heli which has mgs (can't remember the model name, mi-18?) and just when we start rising, the explosion bursts hit us (automatic cannon). I don't take damage but my mate dies instantly. Hull status organge and I try to rise and increase speed desperately without luck: next few bursts destroy the chopper and I'm dead with it. And this again came out of visible distance (I tried to look back to see how close it's chasing me, but couldnt see nothing but the green tracers coming far from the fog).

SO I WOULD say that easiest and most fair change would be to bring back UHs, or the harder way decrease MI-26s crews spotting range and accuracy, but all I'm saying is that MI-26 is just too heavily armed battle helicopter for this mod against the players and their fragile vehicles.
Problem with AI inside the helicopter in arma2 is that if somebody is inside the vehicle, it highlists the vehicle instantly for them from 1-2km away (if there's no blocking objects or hills) and they instantly know it's location and are ready to shoot it to hell.
We've escaped this mi-26 several times WHEN WE WERE FLYING (because arma2 AI is bad at taking intercept on moving targets), but if it suprises you just when you're landing/rising/hovering/on slow speed, you have no chances. Many times AI is a bit slow (which balances it's unhuman shooting skills) and it takes time for it before it starts shooting, but many times when you're driving car you can't even hear mi-26 flapping before the explosions start hitting your car and this has happened several times for me.
Last edited by Korpisolttu on 18 Aug 2014 00:06, edited 8 times in total.
Homer

Re: Changes

Post by Homer »

Korpisolttu (hard name) with one of the previous updates of Origins Guard there the server Admins have the ability to change the difficulty of the NPC Air Patrol:
-Easy: 1 Huey (I think)
-Normal: 3 Huey
-Hard: 1 Mi24

So that complain should be sent to your server admins.
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

Did u try exit the veicle, While u was playing on bloodbath? Every admin of the server desides to chose the server choppa, mi24 is the best choice, he he he ho ho ho. If u trying to say something against "balance" of origins please write in in one string, cause I read all u post, and really don't understan it's purpose.
Korpisolttu

Post by Korpisolttu »

Okay I wasn't aware of this, good to know. I haven't seen those before but they're really damn hard. Is the AI difficulty also optional?
Korpisolttu

Post by Korpisolttu »

added new: missions.