New ideas to refresh (New Skill + some extra)

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
^2.

Post by ^2. »

It has been months since last suggestion / ideas post on this forum, so why not start a new thread with some, what I think, are fresh ones. These are mere suggestion and thinking way out there.

New Skill: Survivalist
Content: Hunting, Skinning, Butchering, Cooking, Tailoring

This is the next step up towards your ultimate survival in the wild after the apocalypse.

There will be 3 main levels on the skill: 1) Animal Hunting 2) Cooking 3) Tailoring

Animal Hunting:
You will have to hunt different types of animals and butcher and/or skin for their leather (new feature).
Each animal will give different type of raw meat and a different leather. There will be 5 meats and 5 leathers, which you will have to gather to level up your Animal Hunting skill and move to level 2 Suvivalist. These will be random (like specialized research for Medic and Mechanic).
Benefits: After you level up your skill, you will be able to gather MORE meat or leather from that specific animal.

Cooking:
You will be able to cook animal meats into special recipes. To level up you have to simple cook the meat at a pit fire or cooking range (new item on specific houses? Just like a water pump). You will have to cook all 5 different meats several time to reach the level 3.
Benefit: Simple cooked meat will grant you more health/food satisfaction. Ability to craft a pitfire (bigger campfire) that will provide more heat. (Great for mountain bases or cold people)
Addon: New recipes to be unlocked via new books (these do not require research) and will allow you to cook specific recipes that will grant benefits to you. (Ideas for food: More Health, More food/water satisfaction, increased steady aim, increased virus immunity, etc)

Tailoring:
You will be able to tailor the leather of animals into clothing. To level up you have to craft several items from the 5 different leathers found from animals.
BenefitL: These leather clothing will be able to be colored via spray cans (regular colors + camos) and will have some cold and melee resistance.

Addon Research (this suggestion is very imaginationland): Farming
After having all 3 levels, you will be able to read the book about Farming. This book will allow you to build a small greenhouse that allows you to plant and harvest certain food types plants. Tomato, Potato, Strawberry, etc etc.

----------------------------------------------

Now some extras....

- Add a new type of building on top of the mountain Tora Triglov (the one with the ski lift). This building can be a hotel (same as you can find in Seven or Sector B) but will have a custom loot spawn: More chances of winter clothing.

- Ability to paint SUV MG and Ka60

- New plane (Ive asked before and will continue to ask). Please add a new plane, if possible one with a gun. You already have the design/graphic: The Saturn airplane.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Good suggestions. Alot fall in line with alot of what i have suggested on the 2016 ideas thread. Sadly paint and stencils will not happen for the ka60/suv/mi27sh/merlin or any vehicle introduced in the PMC, BAF or ACR expansions.

With both dev servers going pvp mode i fear they may be giving up on survival elements for all the kids who like the idea of a survival game but dont want to actually do more than grab a drink, a few cans of food, some meds and declare themselves survival masters. I would love to hear some input from the devs as to which direction they want to go in, or if they will continue on the same path and just always have a pvp mode option.

Dont get me wrong, i think pvp mode is great and needed but just not for me anymore. I like pvp bit if thats all i wanted to do i just assume play overwatch or overpoch. If all i wanted is a zombie survival game i would be happy just playing 7 days to die. Origins needs to find a nice happy medium and pvp mode is going in that direction. But without crafting and survival mechanics the mod just turns into epoch with lower end guns and a base system that isnt as good to be completely honest(not saying origins has a bad system for bases but its not near as modular and customizable).

Sorry to ramble on your thread :?
Miggs

Post by Miggs »

Please see below:

* New buildable objects (Anti Air Turrets, Spotlights, Tripwires. This would make computer chips, light bulbs & ropes more valuable)

* Make the storage boxes on sect B buildable by players (code needed & large storage)

* Next stages of stronghold released (maybe not all 23 but maybe next 10)

* Another trader added on trader island that trades specific rare items for other rare items (Mountain Dew for rare stencils, Golden Desert Eagle for new building BP etc.)

* New BP for a level 3 garage. Large enough to store two Urals or The Excavator/The Beast. (Drop on Mayor)

* Achievements added (I saw a screenshot of these on Facebook a long time ago and it looked awesome)

* Interactive leaderboard that shows # of missions completed and # of times Mayor was killed on servers (Allows people to gauge skill level of players on that server as well as if the server is active)

* Level 5 house added 40,000 humanity needed to build and BP divided into three parts. One to be rare drop on mayor, One to be rare drop from missions & One to be rare drop spawned on downed helis

Just to name a few!