Important for admins

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
GrandRoyal

Important for admins

Post by GrandRoyal »

Hi!

I think the teleport option should be removed pronto!
Have any admin needed it ? It only generates a lot of teleporting admins..

Thoughts?
spuduk3

Important for admins

Post by spuduk3 »

there are pros and cons for the removal of it, i can imagine it being abused if u r an admin and think that you can do anything you want to,, i can see it being abused by admin on pvp servers to get an advantage over their targets, if you want to ban that then you might as well say the same for admin cam where you could also abuse the use of that in pvp situations.
i am a admin on a pve server and yes i did have at first teleporting around just to test it out , but it would get boring doing it all the time, the only time i use teleport is when a player has had something stolen or has killed by another player or they have encountered a bug where they have been stuck in a wall or somewhere by a bug
i also use to the admin cam as tool to keep on dodgy players we have on the server who think rules dont apply to them, and for helping players when they have had certain or spotted something
GrandRoyal

Important for admins

Post by GrandRoyal »

There are good admins and bad. Spectate is a must to get rid of the cheaters. But I dont see any point with the teleport function when you can spectate.... If a player is stuck you can teleport him/her and that is usefull.
Still sceptic :?
spuduk3

Important for admins

Post by spuduk3 »

this will alway be one of those things players will argue over,, with teleporting admin will come with the good and bad, there could always be an option to turn it off for each individual server
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Important for admins

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Teleportation is a hard one. I was given admin rights on 2 servers I used to play on and the first time I had it for 6 months before I ever used it. I changed to a new server a few months later and this time after using it a few times to help others, it became a regular thing. I had no attention of using it but after a while, it made things so much quicker to find furnaces or, just going and finding downed choppers.

So even though I never abused it to the point of ruining anyone elses game - it ended up ruining my game. I then asked for the rights to be removed and now the server is no more.

Ive started on a new server now and I love the fact I have no admin rights, but I do wonder how may admins abuse this feature - as it is easy to do.

Spectate is a good option, but to allow spectate and then for the spectator to teleport is where PvP abuse happens... and that is something I struggle to accept.
GrandRoyal

Important for admins

Post by GrandRoyal »

Yepp! an option to turn it off. On my list to Santa.. Im an admin btw and that F7 button is talking to me... C`mon hit me! Otherwise you have to run 2 clicks!
I think a good admin is like a normal player ( that only spectate new players ), dont talk to much and kill or get killed. Solve hackusations by email, be helpfull, but not GOD.
Less power to admins is the way to go.. not more. Will only lead to more problems.
The work should instead be put in software that detects the hacks. Remember years ago ( origins) an admin helped me shoot zombies, problem was that he was invincible.

So.. less is more!

ohh.. If you got the option to turn it off, it should state so for all players that log in.
klosiklosi

Important for admins

Post by klosiklosi »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote: Teleportation is a hard one.
Teleport is the biggest shit ever.... Which is the death of the game.