Lower the zombie infection rate

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
Malau

Post by Malau »

Actually getting infected by a zombie has a novelty value the first 10 or so times. But then it just becomes a nuisance because it is easier to jump off a building and commit suicide than be bothered finding a cure.
Your death is always drawn out enough for you to make it to an area close to a spawn point. So zombie infections are just plain annoying, something that requires you to perform the pointless task of suicide.

If Zombies are going to be a threat, it would be better they take massive amounts of blood with a hit, or knock you out, so you don't have the opportunity to make it to a spawn point.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I see where you are coming from here Malau but I do find the threat of getting infected a good way to keep players from just taking risks and make players try and be a bit more careful.

You can get knocked down by a Zed if I remember correctly and once you have gone Zed hunting you can create a few antidotes too so it really doesnt become an issue.

Ive recently returned to Origins (8 months away) and on the new server I am actually enjoying having to be a bit more stealthy to acquire the items Im after. It got to a point before that the Zeds were no threat at all and my friends were regularly getting hit as they didnt care - now it seems Zeds actually do make us care.