OriginsMod BrainStorming

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
vAlbino Rh1nov

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by vAlbino Rh1nov »

I have been playing origins for a very long time and there are things that are lacking from the game that could easily be fixed/added to benefit all players regardless of your style of play (solo/team).

Self blood bag - in hospital only or add a non removable tent to each hospital.

Steerable parachute - many mods have a steerable parachute.

Camping tents - No short planks.. or make old saws part of the spawns on the rest of the islands

Skins - there needs to be more skins either more to spawn as or ghillie skins to put in dependent of level of hero / bandit.
in addition team skins would be awesome i know there are stronghold skins, but if you dont have a stronghold there should be other options to look alike

jump / hurdle - rather than vault

rappelling - if you are on top of a tall building you should be able to rappel or parachute off the building if it is 60m or higher

TRADER -

i have a few things i would like to add regarding the trader. the trader was a great idea but a lot of low value things dont trade well at all. in my opinion if someone wants to take 300 rocks, wood, fuel ect. these things should trader decently well. but there should be a limit on how many mineable items a player can trade per restart. But if a player wants to play solo they should be able to mine rocks or cut wood and take it to the trader and get a decent value for the time they put into to doing the tasks.

In addition and possibly my best idea, add another trader that players can take any of their items to and post for trade with other players. i find that the trades with the AI are mainly in the favor of the AI. Trades with players in a non safe zone are not safe and very uncommon. But if i were to take a bunch of reinforcing material to the player to player trader i should be able to select an Item i am willing to trade my materials for and then that trade sits there until it has been filled. the trade should not last one restart but rather days. This would really encourage p2p trading.
SGTSADSACK

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by SGTSADSACK »

Self blood bag is not needed due to how tents and houses work. Though I agree they should have kept the canvas tents as you don't find a saw for quite a while after you start playing in which you then have no need for a tent. Maybe just reduce the amount of blood that can be restored in the canvas tents, or just no blood at-all. Rappel option sounds interesting but would be so buggy in Arma 2 (I'm aware there is a helicopter rappel script but is completely different mechanics), and 60m parachuting lol? Jumping though is something they should look at especially with how lethal zombies can be in Origins it can be a right pain when you stop for half a second to vault and get beaten up as a result.

There are plenty of skins and all tier based. Hero's have full ghillies and bandit's have half ghilles so you can identity who is who, I believe more will be added though in the next patch as they have already also teased with new zombie skins.

Rocks and wood don't trade well because they are not rare, they are so easy to obtain they have no value. I think a p2p market would be nice but I don't see how it would be possible because there is no currency, which is the best part of the game. You would offer reinforcing material for trade and might only want say hydraulic pumps in exchange, it just wouldn't work out well.
spuduk3

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by spuduk3 »

one thing they need to sort out is the heli pad, i didnt spend all that time and materials on it and the find out that you can only fit the smallest helis in there, make it so that all helis can fit inside or allow a further bluprint to extend so all helis can fit inside
ishootpaint

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by ishootpaint »

They made the helipad small so people wouldnt lock away all the best choppers.

The best solution i can think of is a clan building like the stronghold that is big enough to fit everything but the flying fortress. That way a group can keep just 1 good heli locked away instead of everyone having a ka60 or mi17sh in their personal helipad.
'Erb Garden

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by 'Erb Garden »

Can't see there has been much activity in here for a while.. So i hope this is still looked at.

I've a few ideas of what i think would create a better experience, as follows:

Skills with weapons
-Categorized skills, being Pistol, SMG, Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Light machine gun etc, as appears in the skills menu at present. However, players should gain skill with these weapons the more they use them, i.e. Exp increases dependent on what and where they hit: Head - High, Body - Medium, Limb - Low gains etc.

These skills could effect the player by meaning the weapons may weigh less for them, decreased bullet spread, and faster reloading perhaps.

Weapon Modification
-Much like the new vehicle part mechanic, with them having a % of damage, Weapons should be the same. Each shot fired decreases it's the weapons health, meaning eventually it will break. Repair items could range from WD-40 or Motor Oil to a Barrel Cleaning Rod.

-Modifications should/could be available for certain or all weapons. Ranging from increased clip size, to specific scopes.

Chances to find fully operational vehicles
-Why is every road vehicle missing a tyre? Or why is every single air vehicle so terribly damaged? There should really be a chance to find a vehicle in good condition.

Craftable Containers
-Doesn't have to be anything fancy, ranging from 10/1/0 to 30/3/1 for example. Just ordinary crates or something. It sure would save sticking tents everywhere.

Another Secret Location
-The exhilaration and fear of the first time i entered Ivans Lab is something i miss. I would love to see a new secret area to conquer, just to keep that passion alive!

Cooking
-It's nice being able to open a can of sardines with my bare hands... But i sure do long for a pack of dry noodles to boil in a pot and season to my own taste. This could really liven up the experience with not just looking for AN ITEM of food. But having to make do with what resources can be combined to satisfy for the time being.

Alcohol should have a detrimental effect
-Drank 3 beers and a bottle of red wine and could still head shot a Z from 200m with an AK-74... My toon is made of something else, someone hire this guy!

Sector A
This place needs some attention. I'm yet to notice anything extra-ordinary about it. In my opinion, that would be a prime location for some AI and the aforementioned secret area to explore!

That's all that's on my mind at the moment. But i look forward to the next update, fantastic work so far!

Keep the game alive peeps!
Bammer-D

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by Bammer-D »

-Add the UH1Y Venom as a heli spawn (maybe replace the two Huey spawns at Sector B with them).
-Change the two Sector B Air Patrol Huey's back to three for "easy" setting and add two Sector B Air Patrol UH1Y Venom's for an added "medium" setting.
-Add the Pyramid blueprint to the loot table and allow it to spawn at the tomb near Novy Bor (once per restart). Maybe Mayor George can have a chance to drop it.
[HvE]Jesus

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by [HvE]Jesus »

I've already posted it on facebook but im not sure if anyone will actually read it so i might aswell take the time to repost it here.

- Remove the ability to shoot the new sd guns(m4 sd, ak sd,rk-95 sd and so on) with the non-sd ammo. I think this is a bug since SD-guns should have higher bullet-travel-time and lower damage and it's just broken the way it is right now(600m kill with m4 acog sd)
- add clothing to buy from trader
- maybe you get 1 random clothing for the house you've built every restart? so in the bandit lvl 1 house you get l1 clothing, in the hero lvl 2 house you get hero lvl 2 clothing and so on. Or maybe the ability to craft outfits yourself using spraycans and scissors(or even add a new tool for outfit-crafting). I really love the bandit 3 ninja clothing and it's so hard to find :(
Captain Hesperus [MEAT]

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by Captain Hesperus [MEAT] »

Don't know if this has been requested, but what about 'Holidaymaker Zombies'?

Down at the beach resorts, there are zombies in swimming shorts, scuba gear and bikinis. On the mountaintops, there are zombies in skiing clothes or unfortunates who wandered out of their chalets under-dressed and ended up covered in ice and frost.

How about having 'radioactive zombies' at the NPP, wearing hazmat suits or glowing in the dark. Maybe even a single unique bald-headed zombie in a suit who might have said "Excellent..." while rubbing his hands together when he was alive.

Another idea, what's the possibility of using scissors or hunting knife to cut up clothing items to make cloth for bandages? Small things like hats and bandanas have only a 50% chance of producing 1 cloth, while larger items can create more cloths.

Is there a chance of an additional upgrade to player houses (perhaps requiring adding scrap metal, reinforcing metal and woodpiles) to create working fires so people can cook raw meat or boil water in their houses?

Could we have an option to create water stills, in the same manner as we can create wind-powered lights?