OriginsMod BrainStorming

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
stealth#

Re: OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by stealth# »

i would like special tool slots too. but it wouldnt be that necessary. kind of funny the daily conflict with the slots :D
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

stealth# wrote:i would like special tool slots too. but it wouldnt be that necessary. kind of funny the daily conflict with the slots :D
Would be interesting to have a toolbox hold all building tools inside, it is a toolbox after all.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Make the upgraded walls not destroyable even on servers where people can destroy regular walls. For the amount of resources and time it takes to completely upgrade walls around my base it seems unbalanced that some kid can destroy a months worth of work in an hour after me and my group log off. Or maybe have a 25%-50% chance against them that destroying them will break the excavator until the next restart just like some tools snap. So people still have a fair shot at breaching my walls but not enough of a chance to grief.
badass68

Post by badass68 »

Perhaps removing all the dam birds that fly about would help server performance slightly.
Bammer-D

Post by Bammer-D »

-Put the Gatling guns back on the Black Hawk OR change the Black Hawk to the Sea Hawk since those come normally with M240's.
-Put the Gatling gun back on the Armored SUV.
-Make M2 ammo boxes a rare spawn at helicopter crash sites and/or super rare spawn at the Sector B Urals.
-Add Stinger launchers and ammo to helicopter crash sites. Make the Stinger launcher rare and the ammo super rare. This would be the only place they spawn.
-Add a "medium" difficulty option for the Sector B Air Patrol by adding TWO UH1Y's w/o rockets (with this option, put THREE UH1H back as the "easy" difficulty option).
-Add the UH1Y as a new vehicle spawn (WITH Gatling guns).
-Add the M2 Humvee as a new vehicle spawn.
-Add Medical Vodnik as a new vehicle spawn.
-Give the option to upgrade the Praga with reinforcing material around the windows.
-Give all Quests a time limit. If the quest expires without being completed it has a chance to "respawn" after the rest of the quests cycle. Completed quests would not "respawn." This option would be available for server admins to turn on and off and set the time limit.

-Quest idea: If a Sector B helicopter lands, it becomes a Quest wherever it landed. There would be a total of three of these quests. Two of the quests would only be for the two Huey's and one of the quests would only be for the Hind. So if the server is set to having the Huey's instead of the Hind, there would only be two of these quests. If the server is set to having the Hind instead of the Huey's, there would only be one of these quests. If any of the helicopters associated with the specific quest were to crash, the quest would not activate.
Examples:
Sector B Air Patrol #1: Rumors are going around about a Sector B Huey landing somewhere on Taviana. Find it and kill the crew protecting it.
-Find the Sector B Huey. (complete)
-There it is! Kill the crew. (complete)
-Good work! Take your reward from the Huey. Whatever you do, do not climb in it. It may be booby trapped. (complete)

Sector B Air Patrol #2: Rumors are going around about a Sector B Huey landing somewhere on Taviana. Find it and kill the crew protecting it.
-Find the Sector B Huey. (complete)
-Good work! Take your reward from the Huey. Whatever you do, do not climb in it. It may be booby trapped. (fail)
-You idiot! I told you not to get into the Huey! Now its destroyed!

The Hind: Rumors are going around about the Sector B Hind landing somewhere on Taviana. Find it and kill the crew protecting it.
-Find The Hind. (complete)
-Good work! Take your reward from the Hind. Whatever you do, do not climb in it. It may be booby trapped.
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

The one thing that has bothered me is storage in relation to the size of the vehicle, for example the unicopter holds 100 items say againt the apc or praga or even the suv without mg,all which hold less and all are bigger in size.. i would like if possible , that this could be fixed..
Last edited by spuduk3 on 22 Oct 2014 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
s1ckkz123

Post by s1ckkz123 »

Bammer-D wrote:-Put the Gatling guns back on the Black Hawk OR change the Black Hawk to the Sea Hawk since those come normally with M240's.
-Put the Gatling gun back on the Armored SUV.
-Make M2 ammo boxes a rare spawn at helicopter crash sites and/or super rare spawn at the Sector B Urals.
-Add Stinger launchers and ammo to helicopter crash sites. Make the Stinger launcher rare and the ammo super rare. This would be the only place they spawn.
-Add a "medium" difficulty option for the Sector B Air Patrol by adding TWO UH1Y's w/o rockets (with this option, put THREE UH1H back as the "easy" difficulty option).
-Add the UH1Y as a new vehicle spawn (WITH Gatling guns).
-Add the M2 Humvee as a new vehicle spawn.
-Add Medical Vodnik as a new vehicle spawn.
-Give the option to upgrade the Praga with reinforcing material around the windows.
-Give all Quests a time limit. If the quest expires without being completed it has a chance to "respawn" after the rest of the quests cycle. Completed quests would not "respawn." This option would be available for server admins to turn on and off and set the time limit.
PLEASE NOT!
if u want that all that gatling/.50 cal/rocketlauncher vehicles go play epoch, origins is not the mod for that ... my opinion. The state of armored vehicles is nearly perfect now with m2 and PKTs, just the FF could get some m2 guns, so its worth to loot the parts and build it.
s1ckkz123

Post by s1ckkz123 »

Some more ideas/suggestions:

-Eating/drinking should regenerate stamina
-Do something/rework the area around Seven, noone ever spawns or loots around seven because there is absolutely nothing. this would also bring some more pvp to the small island.

*maybe add a high value military or a big industrial loot area like chernovar or dalnogorsk, so ppl go there and not just ignore this area of Taviana.
-Add a menu for lvl1-3 houses to invite 1 player who gets access to your house (just like the stronghold "add player" menu)
-Please finish Novistrana and maybe add a spawnpoint there (would spread the pvp more around the map, not only on the big island)
-Add ghillies to Sector ural loot :)

*2 per truck maybe
-Add more Bandit3 skins
-Please fix/rework the lootspawn in areas:

*ONLY industrial loot in industrial areas --> MORE industrial loot (no eat/drink, magazines, grenades, medic stuff...)
*ONLY civilian loot in civilians (no cement bags, tents...)
*ONLY military loot in military buildings --> MORE weapons, magazines (no drink/food, no backpacks, no medic stuff,...

-Change Sound of DMR, M24, M14, SVD,... so that they dont sound the same.
-Rework the FF

*maybe add M2 guns instead of PKT, but make it more expensive to repair), so its worth to repair it, now its only a bigger mi17 with 4 guns :P
-Add a tool like a syringe to selfbloodbag by an injection
*only 1 time usable together with a bloodbag and only found on Sector/Medical Mission
-Let us paint weapons with spraycans! :)
-admin reset option for planes, bikes and boats
-shrink the spawnzone for Kameni, its too big imo, spawning ~1 km away from Kameni is not always fun :)

-Put a BIG military on the next (in future patches) novistrana island like Martin and NovyDvor together (barracks and trucks like Novy).
*Completely guarded by ~10 NPCs + 1 Dshkm inside the base, 2 NPC Patrols á 3 Guards walking around the base, 1 NPC Blackhawk flying around the base. (strenght adjustable in admin panel and maybe make the NPC respawn after 1 hour?)
*A bit like the new military north of apshironsk, but with REAL barracks, like in martin.
*Surrounded by a undestoyable wall around the base (like Sector B, but not so big) with 2 entrances and some breakthroughs in the wall. Both entrances guarded by NPC DSHKM and some guards.
*In each corner a watchtower with guards ontop.
*M2 offroad and maybe a new helicopter spawn in the base.
*Make a mission for this base for extra loot.

>this would be a good alternative for Sector B, but not as easy as going for loot in Martin e.g.

I hope this gets some attention :)
Last edited by s1ckkz123 on 17 Dec 2014 18:52, edited 3 times in total.
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

A new dock at seven with 3 warehouses would be excellent....guys would go to seven then and the area would draw house builds
SWAGEL

Post by SWAGEL »

IMO they need to try to get back on DayZ Commander or another main stream server listing. The reason I say this is because origins did and still does have the capabilities of being the top mod for arma 2 and I hope arma 3 soon. They have alot of content to bring people in and have a massive map to handle 100+ players so optimizing and making it run smoothly would be amazing