OriginsMod BrainStorming

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
Businessshark

Re: OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by Businessshark »

I think you should have the option to respawn in one of the houses that you have built.
otto.carius

Post by otto.carius »

How about paintable weapons? Like you did with the Ghilliesuits. :D

Would be a great upgrade for the FN SCAR series. :twisted:
BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker »

Can you please add one extra MI24?

But add it as an extra option in the Air Patrol difficulty:
  • Normal
  • Hard
  • Veteran

Thank you
Stack
¤BEER¤ŤwÍştêR47

Post by ¤BEER¤ŤwÍştêR47 »

- Make it able to for other players to see the ghost image of Fences/Houses/Gates etc this would make building a fence a lot easier.
- The Garage of the L3 Houses shouldnt open with the door thats annoing.
- Maybe make it able to open the Garage from the inside.
- Maybe add some kind of buildable lamps the bring light into bases.

Thanks for your attention :)
BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker »

Reverse all the open house/gate, garage... sounds and play those on close
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

Hello!

In my opinion what really needs to be added or fixed is the zombies. They don't need to be more powerful, they just need to spawn more separate from each other, and spawn everywhere, not just in towns, or rusty cars on the road.

Also i think the area around Kameni has too many trees, there is places wheres theres 5 or 6 trees touching each other or inside each other.

I don't know if people would agree with me but i think they should remove the rusty cars from roads, specially in big towns. Origins map is very poorly optimized compared to others and it might scare a few players off. On the other hand i think Novistrana is really nice, with all the trash in the streets etc. That should be only on Novistrana.
Bammer-D

Post by Bammer-D »

(B.C.N)MantisShrimp wrote:A new hard to get land vehicle, Ex. FF or Sub, (Maybe a 16 Wheeler Cargo truck? also known as "Big Rigs". Could act like a mobile house.)
Kinda like the F.L.A.G. Mobile Unit from Knight Rider.

TheWalkingPope

Post by TheWalkingPope »

Well, here are some random ideas of mine:

-add a camper vehicle, like the one Dale has in the walking dead, with an option to sleep, and cook meat inside,
-do something with level system - for example low lvl players are not able to use high tech guns, can't pilot high tech heli, high lvl bandit can break your houses code, etc.,
-there are UN vehicles in arma - civilian MI8/MI17, and few cars. Why won't you add them near UN base to spawn?
-hero lvl3 skins are looking to military. They should look more post-apo, like damaged, dirty,
-skins should be found somewhere, or switchable inside your house. I gotta put on and out the ghillie for 20 times, just to get my favourite skin,
-replace MH60 with the NAVY version, which actually has mounted m240, not a miniguns pretending to be M240,
-do something with ka60. Remove, modify... whatever. It's funny, that it shoots pkm rounds from grenade launcher. There are many vehicles in arma, I'm sure you'll find something,
-Helicopters colours - I hate the takistan Huey painting. It looks terrible. I loved that classic, olive colour... so if there are few the same airplanes (2 hueys, 2 civilian MI17, 3 AN-2) why are they the same colour? I mean the original colour, not the ones You're gonna add,
-the same about cars - before some update there were white pickups, tan, and red. And suddenly... there are only tan. The same about military offroad.
-weapon modification - is adding 10 different scars, and 10 kinds of M4 better, then ability to modify? To add an ACOG, AIM, GL, silencer, and so...
-don't know if that will work, but maybe you'll try to fix weapons compatible with NV, and with switchable scope? I hate that in G36 - the camo version can be swithed to red dot, but the black version is compatible with NV
-and finally - modificating cars. That's one of the best things in origins, and there should be more of them!

Thanks for good work, and keeping the mod alive!
Waffeleisen

Post by Waffeleisen »

do something with level system - for example low lvl players are not able to use high tech guns, can't pilot high tech heli, high lvl bandit can break your houses code, etc.,
Skillsystem will be added in the coming updates.
Charlatan

Post by Charlatan »

Two Ideas:

==> Ultra-Rare weapons. These have to be constructed from rare parts, each part spawns only once per server restart in one random military lootspot across the whole map. Because the weapons are salvaged (and uniquely effective) they can break when fired and may require you to find some parts again. Their ammo is very rare and requires luck and effort, not being part of a 100% chance spawn in missions or Sector B.

Example: Experimental AS-100 - a sniper rifle with a fictional 1. calibre (twice as big as .50 - 25,4x216mm)

Parts: 1.) Body 2.) Barrel 3.) Scope 4.) Custom Bolt 5.) Custom Shoulder-Stock and Bipod

> Firing while standing or without Part 5.) causes the shooter to be blown to ground, unconscious

=> Please never give anyone the ability to break house codes simply by using an item or skill, or make it an Origins Guard option to enable/disable it if you do:
TheWalkingPope wrote: -do something with level system - for example low lvl players are not able to use high tech guns, can't pilot high tech heli, high lvl bandit can break your houses code, etc.,