OriginsMod BrainStorming

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
Killborn556

Re: OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by Killborn556 »

stealth# wrote:
We're thinking on a good balanced concept for roadblocks, but it's hard to find a good solution for this, maybe you have some ideas? :D
Maybe something like a "nail ribbon" (deutsch: Nagelband der Polizei) from the police. that we have it packed in the front inventory and then it deploys 5m long in front of us. like a cem mixer and we can pick it up again. :ugeek:

Other suggestion from my side:

change the An plane to the An plane with the little MG in the front. it won´t be OP or sth because i think u agree that it will be really hard to aim with it. but it would end in really tense and funny dogfights in the air as well on the ground.

Very good ideas!!!
aim^

Post by aim^ »

GeriX wrote:
aim^ wrote: - FLAKS, so u can defend yourself agains approaching Helis
There are enough cars- with PKP or DshKm, wich are a really good defense against choppers
Yes there are Cars. But Cars can be locked nowadays. I don´t want to steal, i want to craft. It dont have to be a new building, maybe an extension of a Watch Tower?
GeriX wrote:
aim^ wrote: - A use for Sandbags and tank trap kits
We're thinking on a good balanced concept for roadblocks, but it's hard to find a good solution for this, maybe you have some ideas? :D
I don´t think roadblocks are the way to go. There are too much choppers. I haven´t seen a car since ages.
So, the easiest way is to use the tank trap kits as a crafting material.

Maybe you can use them to set them up around your own base (and just there), so you can secure your wooden fences from cars.
Bammer-D

Post by Bammer-D »

Remove the "Destroy Storage Box" option from the scroll wheel list! If somebody wants to destroy the damn thing, they can either shoot it (it will catch on fire) or hatchet it! Either that or make the player have to confirm they actually want to destroy the storage box!
badass68

Post by badass68 »

The ability to upgrade gates. Now we can upgrade walls the gates look to small. Upgrade gate option to match size of wall :)

Thanks
stealth#

Post by stealth# »

searchlight extension for watchtowers - will bring a intense atmosphere during fights at night and can be used to lower the effectivness of the night vision for the attackers. a bulb for a searchlight :D good balance :ugeek:
stealth#

Post by stealth# »

swap the AN plane from the nato base airport for the AN with MG
s1ckkz123

Post by s1ckkz123 »

make FF little more expensive but add M2 guns for the Flying Fortress, so its worth to repair it.. now its just a bigger MI17 with sh*t PKT

add 100rnd M2 Magazines to reload the offroader or boats.

Add option to parachute when pressing a button (when stuck on a roof, or falling out of the heli because of desync)
Last edited by s1ckkz123 on 27 Sep 2014 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
MOC

Some ideas for the next patch.

Post by MOC »

Although the update brought some awesome and creative features some of them need to be changed...
(These are in no specific order.)

*FIX* Admin's should have the ability to allow certain vehicles to be locked. (Special Vehicles: Excavator, Armored SUV, etc, Boats, Cars, Helicopters.)
*FIX* With the most recent patch (1.7.9) every time there is a server restart and you are forced to the main lobby and your game will crash 9/10 times.
*FIX* In Ivans (and I think in most of Sector B and missions) AI will almost always 1-2 hit knock out. When knocked out they will let you live and then kill you before you can get up. I really don't think there should be a knock out timer for AI's.
*REMOVE* I am not sure which update it was but recently zombies can hit you when you are pine trees and this is one of the most irritating thing. Please make it that you can bandage or "camp" in pine trees without being bashed by zombies.
*REMOVE* It seems like whenever I have full blood a zombie will manage to one hit me and make me bleed. I really feel as if you have a full blood meter you should not be able to get one hit bleed by a zombie.
*REMOVE* Just plain out get rid of side chat. For one it make it feel more of a survival game and all side/global chat is; is people just talking shit. If you would like to keep it in, make it that you need to find a radio too look at chat and to type in chat. ( I know a lot of people will disagree with this but I hate side/global.)
*ADD* When trading with the trader it should give you a value for your items and a value for what you are asking for. So it would say something like: Your value: 28 Their (traders) Value: 29
*ADD* Another addition for the trader, it should be a real economy based system; if I buy one cement from a trader that cement should be gone from the traders "inventory." The only way they can get items if someone sells it to the trader, this way it would be a real economy. (The economy and the inventory of traders would reset on restart.)
*ADD* Adding an option to add "foliage" to a Ghillie Suit to be more camouflaged. (This may not be possible with a game like Arma but it is just a suggestion :P)
*ADD* Being able to add a M240 to a bi-plane. Make it so you have to give up an actual M240 with ammo to get this bi-plane. (I know this has been recommended a lot and has been in the Overwatch mod but it is really a cool idea; it add mores than just heli fights in the air.)
*ADD* Taking painkillers (or maybe a more rare medical item: Adrenaline Shots??) will reduce the likely hood of your character passing out for a short period of time. (2-3 minutes??)
*ADD* More places like Ivans and Dead Forest; place's where you can only get exclusive loot to that area. (e.g: You can only get Explorers, Mini-VH's from Dead Forest.)
*ADD* As it is now you can make your name whatever you want (e.g: Matt) when making your house/garage/e-nest and change it back to your normal name (e.g: Bob) and it will show your house name as Matt. People do this to prevent other people from knowing where peoples bases are. It should be that your house shows your most recent name.
*ADD* When pressing "P" you get a player list and upon clicking on a player name it says "Previous Names" lets put that to use, it should list your previous names that you have used, not only on that "Player Profile" but all of them. This would prevent people from name changing to get out of combat scenarios.
*ADD* The DayZ Origins developer team does a fantastic job on the art work and the doing the mechanics of their cars but adding more would be even better :D
*ADD* Adding more telephone poles for e-nest would actually be nice addition as-well. (I understand there are a lot of poles but a few more dispersed on all of the islands would be nice.)
*ADD* I think adding a new spawn would be a nice change of pace. Logically it would take away action at other spawn towns but I still feel adding a new city would bring more PVP action at spawn.

These are just some ideas I thought of over sometime so feel free to add on to any of the ideas and make sure to let me know if any of my ideas is just plain out stupid :P
Thanks for being a great developer team :D

- MOC // Matt
Killborn556

Re: Some ideas for the next patch.

Post by Killborn556 »

MOC wrote: make sure to let me know if any of my ideas is just plain stupid

*FIX* In Ivans (and I think in most of Sector B and missions) AI will almost always 1-2 hit knock out. When knocked out they will let you live and then kill you before you can get up. I really don't think there should be a knock out timer for AI's.

*REMOVE* Just plain out get rid of side chat. For one it make it feel more of a survival game and all side/global chat is; is people just talking shit. If you would like to keep it in, make it that you need to find a radio too look at chat and to type in chat. ( I know a lot of people will disagree with this but I hate side/global.)

make sure to let me know if any of my ideas is just plain stupid

- MOC // Matt
:cry:
s1ckkz123

Post by s1ckkz123 »

-Remove tools from weapon slots. Maybe add "toolslots" to cars,houses,... Like 5 toolslots for l1 house, 10 for l2 and 15 for l3.
-Remove some helis, there are way too much of them right now.
-Give admins the option to reset the bicycle spawn.
-Add ghilliesuits in sector trucks. Like 2 per truck.
-redesign the sounds of dmr, Svd, cz, m24,... So they don't sound all the same.
- Add more customized weapons like ak customized... Like akm with holo, Enfield with scope, ...