OriginsMod BrainStorming

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
Homer

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by Homer »

Well guys to avoy having one topic everytime anyone has an idea lets start a sticky one.

Got ideas for future updates? Share them here! But please dont ask for miracles or the impossible!

Mace

Re: OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by Mace »

I took these directly from old Gamers Platoon forum

Here comes some more random flow of ideas

- Zombies should be much more aggressive, maybe like towards the overwatch. I don´t mean that there should be more, but those things should be faster and hit harder.
- We have a firetruck and a police car, but where is an ambulance. ( Vilas, come back and help) If you go back seat of ambulance you have option ´use bloodbag´.
- Close range nameplates (maybe 5m radius). Admins can choose to able or disable that option.
- Those lonely oil rigs are still there. I have done similar post before (post #580), but here comes a little more. There could live some old hermits with short temper. They have.....a loot...something ... I don´t know.
- Little windmill or generator for in the immediate vicinity of the regular house or Enest. You can make some electricity with it for.... and again I don´t know what else... Maybe charge car battery or something. Like you know there is quite a limitless number of purpose of use for electricity. Like an electricity fence, a remote gate opener, search lights, etc.....
- AN-2 with gun(s), pilot and gunner can shoot. Pilot can shoot only forward.
- New plane.
- Face paint for immersion.
- Ability to tow a vehicle. You can use only tractor, military offroad, humvee, scrap apc... with big vehicles you know.
- More use for walkie talkie. I dont know what, but maybe something you canfind some random nice loot, not only parts for FF. Or maybe it can alert you from NPC that are like 800m radius. Like I said, I dont know what but there is lot of potential in walkie talkie.
BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker »

-Excavator fences only demolished by the fence owner (ability to enable or disable this option in the cpanel)
-More wildlife. Some predators to make the world more dangerous. For example wolves packs and Bears (remember that both of these can easily outrun any human).

Btw Homer, I like the open explorer idea ;)
legendayz

Post by legendayz »

I thought of theses directly from a discussion I had with a couple of friends

-Since most of the players find different ways to complete sector b I thought that it would be cool if the origins mod developers moved the AI to different location so it becomes a challenge to complete sector b again

-It would be interesting it you guys added more building (I know its vast but it could be done)

-Move the vehicle locations (Same idea as the sector b idea as it would be again another challenge to find out where all the vehicles are located)

- Add more missions

-Add some new guns (Special guns for certain missions/Sector b)

-Add some new clothing to find as atm there are only Ghillie suits
Nex

Post by Nex »

There is only the ghillie suit because there is a pant version which can still be distinguished as hero or bandit.
(B.C.N)MantisShrimp

Post by (B.C.N)MantisShrimp »

Generators for powering houses/Garages, (Maybe even the searchlights in ARMA?!)

A new hard to get land vehicle, Ex. FF or Sub, (Maybe a 16 Wheeler Cargo truck? also known as "Big Rigs". Could act like a mobile house.)

Some more Unique weaponry, (Maybe a few Scrap weapons?)

More Unique areas exclusive to Origins, (Like, Maybe another Alien/Mutant camp or a Hive?)

Communal buildings, (Farm plots, Animal Husbandry, Well etc)

Finish the Stronghold levels! (Please! I beg of you.)

Skill system would be nice. (Maybe a lockpick skill? or someone with less Aggro range?)

XML displaying on side of stronghold? (Maybe a bit far fetched :p)

More custom Vehicles. (We could always use a few more cool upgradable trucks!)

House boats/Docks?
bilbodayz

Post by bilbodayz »

- The Oil rigs - something should be done with them. In the first step we should be able to land a heli safe and without this crappy "heli-hopping" and no explosion after server restart.
Then we should be able to refuel there. Later there should be the option to obtain the oil rig as a base with a little gear and the perma-refuel option. Imagine the fights with other oil rigs in close range - heli fights and sniper battles, also rhibs driving between them. (the costs for a oil rig Fortress should be the half of a normal stronghold - due to its in a fix position and only enterable by boat or heli) Also fix the ladders of the rigs.

- Floating Fortress - maybe space for one big car and 1-2 tents on it. then 1-3 mounted guns on it. would be awesome.

- Ferry - one unarmed ferry for a few (at least 2) cars.

- Tents - Please remove the option that you can destroy the tent permanent just with the hatchet. It is so difficult to set up a tent (due to the old saw) that it should not be that easy to destroy it, change it that you need an hatchet AND an old hammer or the old pliers... something like that..

- Lvl 2 Watchtowers - I like the idea of stationary guns on the watchtowers of the base. make the towers lvl 1 and 2. lvl 1 without guns and 2 with them, but we need to find the weapon first and then put it into the gear to "build" lvl2. its not that easy these days to find a PKM or sth like that.
SaMaRaMorGan

Post by SaMaRaMorGan »

-More secret blueprints and places
-a harbor building
-new clan building
-bus patch, reinforce able on the rigjt and left side
Luscarion

Post by Luscarion »

-another raidable npc stronghold would be absolutely amazing
-for the upcoming patch, you have the nested buildings on the electrical pylons. Would it be possible to build our own electrical pylons? Or a similar structure?
-Camo net structures to allow for a more hidden location. Possibly customizable via the same system you use for ghillie suits?
-Random NPC death squads in the larger cities with either NPC land vehicles or NPC Helicopters circling above.
-1 more mine location per island if possible.
-Claymore or Landmine items, possibly a Sector B Only item along with a tripwire setup?
-back or side door for garages? (this one might be asking the impossible...)
-if a hard-to-get large land vehicle (thanks MantisShrimp) comes into play, could we make it locked with the key spawning off of a certain zombie or NPC? (random ivan drop or something)
-Forest Fire possibility? For the arsonists in us.... lol
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hey

How about fixing some of the bugs in the first place!? The zombie clitching through wall/floors and hitting you is just one of them..

And then im thinking. You put in more vehicles, but also more crap on the road. Doesnt make sense to me.. :?: It is surpose to look be an apocolypse. And the crap makes it more realistic. But how about making the crap moveable!? :idea: So heroes could clear the roads and bandits could block the roads!? Not moving it around all of the map. But only in a radius of 5 maybe 10 meters from point of start! :D

Perhaps include the new weapons ammo in the loot cycles in the new army camps too. :D

Tools.. We get more and more tools. But no room for all the Things in the belt. Most of the new tools belongs in a toolbox anyway. So perhaps and option to put them in the toolbox. Just like the medikit option! ;) And remove that they take a weapon slot in houses and vehicles please! :D

Weapons.. A paint weapon option like the ghillie would be awsome!