OriginsMod BrainStorming

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
TheWalkingPope

Re: OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by TheWalkingPope »

Waffeleisen wrote:
do something with level system - for example low lvl players are not able to use high tech guns, can't pilot high tech heli, high lvl bandit can break your houses code, etc.,
Skillsystem will be added in the coming updates.
Well, that's one of the reasons why I started playing origins about 1,5 year ago. And since then You finished few new ideas - the flying fortress, and survival camp for example. I'm not saying it's bad, but... why not focus on finishing things, which are started, and everyone is waiting for?

And about breaking into it's just an idea. I read, that you're planning to give ability to break code locks in old safe, so... maybe the houses are next? Maybe ;)
IHIOUSE {TTRD}

Post by IHIOUSE {TTRD} »

Here are some ideas i had posted in the old forums ...

Upgrades inside completed houses - Something like a workbench for tools or a fridge for food/drink. Maybe even fold up windows like the nesteds have.

Ability To Construct Electric Poles For Nest

Adding A Calendar / Weather System - Another concept i really like. I know the official servers I've played in are 4 hour days. That means 6 days in 24 hours, which is about 2 months for a full year. This would mean a season would last roughly 15 days. Imagine a winter season with random snow and cold weather, perhaps making heat packs and fire more usefull, spring and fall with nice weather occasional rain & morning fog, and summer with hot days (more drink needed?) and some strong thunder storms. I think this could help add some realism and change the pace of the game.

Ability to build fences, towers, and watch towers closer to your own house

Ability to Eat / Drink In Vehicles

Ability to Access Gear in Vehicles By Pressing G

Self Bloodbag - I know most hate this but if you can nap in a tent for 30 seconds and regain all your blood why couldnt you use a bloodbag on yourself ? I would say that self blood bag would take a minute and not give you all your blood back... maybe even add a toolbelt item required to use self bloodbag

Remove Ghillie From Dead Body (before it turns into a cross)

Boats Around Sector B Respawn Faster

Vest Pouch (like dayz SA) to carry additional 6 or so items

Vault Jumping

Putting Empty Backpacks Inside Backpacks

Painkillers & Morphine takes a little time to kick in rather than instant fixes

Booby Trap Dead Bodies With A Grenade

Guest Access To House ( like how a stronghold works )

Label the levels in the nested in the scroll menu - Ex. Unlock L1 Unlock L2 Unlock L3. Climb to level 1 Climb to level 2 etc etc...

Ability to throw items, as an example if you were in battle and somebody was running low or was injured you could throw them some magazines or a morphine

Ability to Move Your (empty) Safe
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

Charlatan wrote: => Please never give anyone the ability to break house codes simply by using an item or skill, or make it an Origins Guard option to enable/disable it if you do:
TheWalkingPope wrote: -do something with level system - for example low lvl players are not able to use high tech guns, can't pilot high tech heli, high lvl bandit can break your houses code, etc.,
Agreed, give the ability to crack the safe, but NOT the house/garage. Or give an option in Origins Guard to disable/enable cracking of houses/garages/safes/strongholds, each a separate option.
Even if it is just for safes, it must a a low change of success and the tool (I believe a drill was mentioned) a high chance of breaking.
Frank"Daniels"Harrison

Post by Frank"Daniels"Harrison »

1. Add some more story backround
2. Add some kind of house boat, just like the regular homes, 3 levels hero or bandit, can only have 1 house type at a time
3. Ability to fortify a car completelyy instead of leaving some open spots like on the bus
4. A new antagonist (like the dr. Ivan) zombie
5. Add a new island (although it looks like ur adding on to Novistrana which is good)
6. Add more clothes that spawn and only have about 2-3 hero and bandit skins instead of 50 retarded ones.
7. Make the Wheeled Titanic a bit better
8. Remake the zombie AI with different behaviors at different times
9. Make a wider variety of AI missions instead of just having clear out enemies missions (convoy missions, assassinations, etc) and for god sakes out a timer on the missions because I was on an empty server once and there were 5 missions and 2 more spawned about 30 minutes later
methos

Post by methos »

how about making your own arrows for crossbow, and allow to stack them so you can carry more that 2 or 3 and fill your inventory. And clothes to customize our characters a little more.
Jakydude

Post by Jakydude »

Please renable the Expansion option when you are at the menu where you can see Multiplayer and player profile because Origins isn't the only mod I play and I need to be able to disable the origins mod expansion to enable other expansions.
Blooddog

Post by Blooddog »

Hey all!
It would be nice if you can open your level 3 house without open the garage!
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

Blooddog wrote:Hey all!
It would be nice if you can open your level 3 house without open the garage!
This, soooo much of this :-)
IHIOUSE {TTRD}

Post by IHIOUSE {TTRD} »

Yes, be able to open l3 without the garage ... and how about BEING ABLE TO OPEN YOUR LEVEL 3 HERO NEST HELIPAD FROM A HELICOPTER !!! the most important feature of the nest and it doesn't even work !
[BB]Stef

Post by [BB]Stef »

give server admins the ability to turn spawnpoints off/on (the old bridge camping days were awsome)