OriginsMod BrainStorming

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
大王EMPerrorᕦ(¬‿¬)ᕤ

Re: OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by 大王EMPerrorᕦ(¬‿¬)ᕤ »

I would also like to see the ability of adding heat packs to the medical kit.
The heat pack is like the antibiotics. They're seen everywhere but never get picked up.
And you usually don't have them when you need them :-)
klosiklosi

Post by klosiklosi »

Bammer-D

Post by Bammer-D »

Add a new vehicle with a Wrecking Ball so you can demolish nested buildings.
Seven

Post by Seven »

please add the weapon CZ750 from the chech addon... its not op, not so good like mk17 sniper. its the same like the CZ550 but with the scope from the m24 / m40a3 and a 10 round mag instead of a 5 round mag like the CZ550. i think the as50 m110 and m107 are way too op for origins.. but i think the CZ750 is perfect for the mod.. and PLEASE take weapons like VSS / M40A3 / MK17 Sniper, RCO / MK Mod 0 out of the trader.. put them maybe in missions but mostly in sector b!.. with the trader now there is no need anymore to go to sector b.. i talk about the weapons! please think about it. thank you :)
Rusty_Joe

Post by Rusty_Joe »

Ideas for improvement. A mix of both new ideas and old ideas from the glory days. Here are my thoughts:
  • AI Assault/Invasion. Perhaps, for a special event (twice a week or Admin determined), AI Guards will assault spawn cities upon server restart. Thus, it is up for the entire server to work together and get rid of the AI. Enemies drop AKMs, RPKs, Enfields, AEKs, and sometimes SVDs/PKMs. They ALL drop PDAs.
    Then, after the AI are beaten, there is a loot spawn at one random point that will show up on PDA. EVERYONE will fight for it. It's like the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
  • Easier to land on Sector B. People will fight each other at Sector B. This creates more tension between players. It creates group rivalries. More rivalry=more competition=more time played. Also, too many people play Epoch because it's faster/easier to get guns. By making it easier to land and fight on Sector B, people can get the guns they want. Then, they can create groups. More groups+more guns=bigger battles/more players recruited.
    Battles at Sector B is what made Origins very popular in the first place. I don't understand why this has gotten removed.
  • Need to make it less safe. Too many people building walls and nests. One of the most thrilling/scary things about DayZ, especially Origins, is that you could feel unsafe at any time. Some would camp hours just to ambush our base back on US001 or INT#2 (the glory days). Sometimes they won and made off with our Sector B loot. Other times, we killed multiple groups at our base. This makes the game much more intense for everyone.
    By making it safe, you get less battles. Less battles=Less players.
  • Zoo Docks. No one ever comes down here. Why not add a small shipyard at the bottom? Add industrial spawns/one helicopter spawn/two raft spawns. This way, people will want to come down here because it is more quiet.
  • More gyro-copters. For those who play solo. More gyro copters would make it easier to fly around.
The idea is to make Origins feel like Christmas. Everything else is like Christmas Eve, you can't wait. There is build-up. Then, when you get there, you either become very happy (when you win) or very disappointed (because you lose).
GeriX

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by GeriX »

Rusty_Joe wrote:Ideas for improvement. A mix of both new ideas and old ideas from the glory days. Here are my thoughts:
  • AI Assault/Invasion. Perhaps, for a special event (twice a week or Admin determined), AI Guards will assault spawn cities upon server restart. Thus, it is up for the entire server to work together and get rid of the AI. Enemies drop AKMs, RPKs, Enfields, AEKs, and sometimes SVDs/PKMs. They ALL drop PDAs.
    Then, after the AI are beaten, there is a loot spawn at one random point that will show up on PDA. EVERYONE will fight for it. It's like the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Pretty nice idea, we will talk about it, but I already suspect, that it wont be possible, because of the massive lags it would create. And: Lags -> AI is useless ->Free loot.
Of course it would attract a lot of players..As I said we talk it trough.

• Easier to land on Sector B. People will fight each other at Sector B. This creates more tension between players. It creates group rivalries. More rivalry=more competition=more time played. Also, too many people play Epoch because it's faster/easier to get guns. By making it easier to land and fight on Sector B, people can get the guns they want. Then, they can create groups. More groups+more guns=bigger battles/more players recruited.
    Battles at Sector B is what made Origins very popular in the first place. I don't understand why this has gotten removed.
Because it was to easy. You didn't had to loot military bases or anything, you just had to land in the industrial and instantly had tons of high cal weapons. This isn't the concept and purpose of Origins. Epoch has it's concept and Origins had it's, players will choose wich stile they want to play, be it more survivory or more pvp, put this is the path we are following.
  • Need to make it less safe. Too many people building walls and nests. One of the most thrilling/scary things about DayZ, especially Origins, is that you could feel unsafe at any time. Some would camp hours just to ambush our base back on US001 or INT#2 (the glory days). Sometimes they won and made off with our Sector B loot. Other times, we killed multiple groups at our base. This makes the game much more intense for everyone.
    By making it safe, you get less battles. Less battles=Less players.
Yes, this is a problem we were thinking about a long time now, for those custom bases we have the idea of maybe being able to craft ladders, to get over the walls, what do you think?
  • Zoo Docks. No one ever comes down here. Why not add a small shipyard at the bottom? Add industrial spawns/one helicopter spawn/two raft spawns. This way, people will want to come down here because it is more quiet.
Yes we already have something in mind with the Zoo area. It will be epic ;)
  • More gyro-copters. For those who play solo. More gyro copters would make it easier to fly around.
We will look, what can be done, if you have any concept or deisgn ideas, feel free to tell me :)
s1ckkz123

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by s1ckkz123 »

- ability for admins to disable specific cars, like gunner suv, m2, beast, blackhawk, whatever...
- ability to disable the excavator !!!
- ability to disable Sector B !

This would separate PvP Servers from PvE Servers, If player want to play PvE, they join a Server where u can build fences, go sector etc.etc.
If Players want to play PvP, they join Servers, where ppl cannot build fences and hide behind their 2m walls and getting the best stuff by killing bots :/

- finish novistrana, and please dont add useless stuff like new cars, add more unique weapons (more sniper, etc.)
OldManTim

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by OldManTim »

As per this thread from [DHD]IHIOUSE, :
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1322&p=5737#p5737

Houses & Storage Box Refresh - Instead of having to open a house and touch a storage box at least once every 14 days, they should refresh by simply logging onto the server like fences do

I just want to make a note on this wonderful suggestion again

If this was enabled then I don't have to worry about having a house on each island, as I simply have to log in, and the houses will be updated that I used them. Instead of going to each one and having to unlock/lock them.

Man that would rock the socks!!!! :D
Bammer-D

OriginsMod BrainStorming

Post by Bammer-D »

Add the Pyramid Blueprint.

There are several areas where you can have this thing spawn and have it spawn once per restart with a low spawn percentage. Admins have it in their options list to delete or change ownership of it so why not just add it?

Spawn #1: The Secret Tomb.
Spawn Rate: 10%
The tomb is a well known "Easter Egg" of Origins and it would be nice if something could spawn there once per restart. Since it is a tomb, a Pyramid BP spawning here would be appropriate. In doing this, there would have to be a restriction on building within 150 meters of it. I've seen where people like building their house inside it.

Spawn #2: Dr. Ivan's Lab.
Spawn Rate: 10% to 25%
While it is nice to have stuff spawn once per restart in Ivan's Lab, it really hasn't been the same since 1.7.5. Lab techs with crappy guns and some random LMG or AK that can be obtained at a military base. Perhaps a new reason to go there would be to try to get a Pyramid BP.

Spawn #3: Mayor George
Spawn Rate: 25% to 50%
An obvious suggestion for having it spawn here, Mayor George is the keeper of the Stronghold and Level 4 BPs, so why not?