Oil rigs - Brainstorming how to implement into the game

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
stealth#

Post by stealth# »

I am still dreaming of any good use beside heli parking (thx for the useful change).

I have no big ideas for the moment, but wanted to get this brainstorming started.

my quick ideas for now:

- maybe there is a option to occupy them as a Operational Base (very rare blueprint like stronghold + items), if the rig is occupied model will change to a "origins" style oil rig with reinforcing, unlimited fuel tank, little harbor, stationary mg´s and one uncovered .50 cal on the roof. Make a oil rig the only place to park a big heli safe. (Maybe big cage around heliport)

- make sth like missions or sabina lab style action on it.
stealth#

Re: Oil rigs - Brainstorming how to implement into the game

Post by stealth# »

From friend of me:

- get oil from there, special fuel for special vehicles. (future vehicles like the floating fortress or the ferry,... i dont know. Flying fortress also)
GeriX

Post by GeriX »

Sound good, we're currently planning on how to fix the oilrigs, wich is a bit problematic, as the model is about 6 years old now and many things in the engine have changed since then, But I think this is possible. You have nice points though.
Andrew_S90

Post by Andrew_S90 »

As of now you cant get up to the oil rigs via water. The ladder doesn't work so you need a heli, that fix would be nice.

An idea for them would also be a short implementation (before your cool idea) , each rig spawns a few static building items. It would work like the bunkers around the map or sabina bank. (50% chance every restart to spawn) these items would be like building supplies.. Each rig can spawn 4 items max, the possible items could be.. screws, reinforcing, cement, cinders, metal supports, long planks, big jerrycan, etc.. Stuff that would be high end building supplies... but I like your idea more, this could just be a temp thing until something bigger is there
^2.

Post by ^2. »

stealth# wrote:From friend of me:

- get oil from there, special fuel for special vehicles. (future vehicles like the floating fortress or the ferry,... i dont know. Flying fortress also)
That is an AMAZING idea... Id like to see FF and the new transport vehicles to be using special crude oil
Andrew_S90 wrote:As of now you cant get up to the oil rigs via water. The ladder doesn't work so you need a heli, that fix would be nice.

An idea for them would also be a short implementation (before your cool idea) , each rig spawns a few static building items. It would work like the bunkers around the map or sabina bank. (50% chance every restart to spawn) these items would be like building supplies.. Each rig can spawn 4 items max, the possible items could be.. screws, reinforcing, cement, cinders, metal supports, long planks, big jerrycan, etc.. Stuff that would be high end building supplies... but I like your idea more, this could just be a temp thing until something bigger is there
What about the new Oil Pump south of Kameni, by the coast? What if there were limitation on how much you could pump out, but the oil rigs on the ocean would have higher limits
stealth#

Post by stealth# »

Are there any news about this from the devs side? Would be interesting.

Maybe you can add a little hint if the community could be so lucky to receive/expect a christmas patch this year :PP *g
JoePowell

Post by JoePowell »

I LOVE THIS! :-) I will see what can be done :D
Spy1

Post by Spy1 »

A stronghold on watter? no good idea.

I think , origns was make to give all a chance to kill , to open houses and to steal vehicels.
you need no safe place to secure yours stuff.

The oil rigs iss useless wiht out enrgie , so myby you can loot every restart in the containers scarp or engien myby a hydropipe. So its not sooo useless , but a stronghold on watter to secure stuff wiht a M2 ...pls its not epoch , its hard enought to attack bases wiht fences so high till the sky.

(Sry for my bad englisch but i think the most will be understand xD.)