My Opinion and ideas

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
Vitalicks

My Opinion and ideas

Post by Vitalicks »

Next update, please remove selective spawns, you have a huge map and 70% of a normal full server population if not 80% is camping in a spawn town.

I've been going around from server to server, and what is the point of having locked vehicles in a system where there is a vehicle limit? There's already garages and nested building for people to park their vehicles and keep them there.

The weight system? Well it started bad, it got better but, why add it? Was it requested by the community? Origins was better when stuff was taking more than 1 slot in your inventory, isn't that what origins was all about. Why are you changing the Core game play to something that's already in other mods that rival Origins?

I understand that making reinforcing, etc. use more than 1 slot would ruin the build system for towers, etc. but, on Origins people build with cement mixers! That's why there's millions of cement mixers spawning all the time, right?

In general i just want to say, Origins nowadays is boring, the map is awesome, its huge, but sadly people play origins for the same reason they play overwatch, to lo gin and kill fresh spawns, the only difference is the weapon caliber being used.

Do you know why Novistrana is so cool? Because you can't tell where your enemies are gonna come from, there's no spawn there so they can show up from anywhere, that's the fun in it, that's how it should be every time.

I understand Origins is all about survival etc, but in all environments, not just around where you spawn. For a game that's all about survivability it's turning into a spawn town death match.

This is my personal opinion and i would like to know what other people think about it.
|LP|Miv.™

Re: My Opinion and ideas

Post by |LP|Miv.™ »

Why are you changing the Core game play to something that's already in other mods that rival Origins?

add traders on origins.... the traders destroy the origins/survivor feelling.... farming stuffs doesnt make sense anymore.... why farm if you can buy everything with my 10000000 limestones from my lvl2 house ..

Origins start become boring... its so easy now.... you play on a server with traders, and go to martin barracks, and play on a server without traders.. and see the diference on martin barracks....

"City spawn death matches" are funny, and a player jsut go there if he want....
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

|LP|Miv.™ wrote:
Why are you changing the Core game play to something that's already in other mods that rival Origins?

add traders on origins.... the traders destroy the origins/survivor feelling.... farming stuffs doesn't make sense anymore.... why farm if you can buy everything with my 10000000 limestones from my lvl2 house ..

Origins start become boring... its so easy now.... you play on a server with traders, and go to martin barracks, and play on a server without traders.. and see the difference on martin barracks....

"City spawn death matches" are funny, and a player just go there if he want....
The trader doesn't really bother me that much but i haven't even checked it properly because i seriously have no intentions to trade anything.

However about spawn Cities. Yeah you can spawn somewhere else on the map, but you probably won't find players since the map is so big with so many options and most players will be having "fun" in a spawn town, because it's easy to get kills and to find players.

I'm not a PVE player, I don't play Origins to build or to loot and kill zombies. I play Origins as a whole mod with player interaction, if all I wanted was to build without caring about weapons or any player threats I would play Overpoch.
Killborn556

Post by Killborn556 »

Spawn town fights are awesome, one of the reasons I love origins. It's a way to get a huge amount of pvp without having a 200 player server.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

Killborn556 wrote:Spawn town fights are awesome, one of the reasons I love origins. It's a way to get a huge amount of pvp without having a 200 player server.
Well I'm glad that's what the Originsmod is all about then =)
stealth#

Post by stealth# »

i think the spawn town fights can be easily avoided, by not joining them. your points are not bad anyway. but i think the only reason for the weight system etc is the building system requiring the front gear. but now i have learned to live with it (admin sets it to max i think) and like it. Its different from the comfort way we are used to. I had to move over 100 Reinforcing, 50 cement,.... 2 days ago, it felt realistic, because it was work. :D
Killborn556

Post by Killborn556 »

Vitalicks wrote:
Killborn556 wrote:Spawn town fights are awesome, one of the reasons I love origins. It's a way to get a huge amount of pvp without having a 200 player server.
Well I'm glad that's what the Originsmod is all about then =)
It's not, but it's a nice way of having diversity in a game so even the noobs can get a few kills :D
technicianhard

Post by technicianhard »

random spawn button, no? It's random not between spawn locations :) but within 2 islands, unfortunately not so random as it suppose to be, cause some players try to reach their base via this feature.
Vitalicks

Post by Vitalicks »

No point in having this discussion, I've already read what I wanted.
Killborn556

Post by Killborn556 »

:(