GUNS FOR HIRE

You have good ideas and suggestions for the next update? Post it here.
ICESPUR

GUNS FOR HIRE

Post by ICESPUR »

i think that we should be able to hire guards/mercenaries from trader island.

how it would work.......once the barter price had been agreed( determined by admin or origins mod) you get to hire 2 or 3 mercs.their skill and weapons would reflect the price you paid.

1.they would only be allowed to be placed within a certain radius of the buyers base, (then they wouldnt be abused by players placing them outside someone elses camp,or using them to block off a certain strategic point or road)they are guards nothing else.

2.once back at base camp.the player would select the zone for the guards to patrol....the buyer and any allies/clan mates within this selected zone at the time of placing would be classed as friendlies.

3.the team/clan can then safely log off knowing there is at least some a.i watching their gear......any unfriendly/unknown players approaching the camp looking for free gear gets shot on sight.

i grow tired of working and grinding to get cars and helis up and running,gathering gear from missions and raids at sector b.....only for a thief to come along and steal everything.....

at least with the guards he'll have to do some work to get my gear(just like i did),...coz at the moment the only skill he needs now is knowing where the camps are and the ability to press p to see the player list for which camps will be unoccupied.
Cynalis

Re: GUNS FOR HIRE

Post by Cynalis »

Or they could simply improve the lock system so every server didn't disable it.
ICESPUR

Post by ICESPUR »

i see your point but the guards would also protect our gear from base rape...those guys who just want to wreck everything you own.

locks arnt going to stop a grenade are they???
Cynalis

Post by Cynalis »

If you don't want to get raided, go play Epoch. The entire point of endgame in origins is to raid bases.
ICESPUR

Post by ICESPUR »

i thought this been a zombie survival mod,i thought the end game was survival.

and your lack of knowledge about other mods is laughable,you get base raided on epoch you know.

and this is just an idea,a possible new feature that no other mod seems to have at the moment,wasnt that the point of this 'ideas for the next patch' forum was about.?
Cynalis

Post by Cynalis »

Go on DayZ Commander. Search Epoch. Add "PvE" in the filter.

If you'd like to go to personal insults... Your knowledge of the ARMA2 engine is laughable. Dynamically spawning AI that will be friendly to one specific group of players (Who are all on the "blufor" team), and allowing only a specific player to tell them where to patrol isn't possible. You have to realize how old this engine is at this point. The Origins team is amazing, but small, and they can't do everything.
ICESPUR

Post by ICESPUR »

theres PvE for origins as well,what was the point of that statement?do you even have one?

i didnt insult you,i made an observation that you were clueless as to what happens on other mods by claiming theres no base raids on epoch.

yes your right my knowledge of arma 2 is basic,but even i can manage to get a.i to guard a certain point and to shoot only certain non team players. (you should try the mission editor yourself sometime its fun)

yes i agree the origins team is amazing,but small,and they cant do everything,BUT they can do this,because ive messaged alex and asked him.
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

I like the idea.It needs a bit of work though.I'd Give up,Cynalis you keep getting owned,and its embarrasing. it looks like your scared that a few A.I might stop you base raiding,it wont be a problem for us better players.The mod moves on it changes,it gets bigger,it gets better,if you cant handle more of a challenge then you should go to Epoch like you keep advising.LOL.
Cynalis

Post by Cynalis »

Lmao.

Alrighty mates.

I've been programming for seven years, just because you two have no knowledge of the engine whatsoever doesn't matter to me. Ride on in your ignorance.
ICESPUR

Post by ICESPUR »

the only ignorance been shown is your own.

why havent you offered your services to the origins team to work for them for free, if your so good?