Weapons Questions

General discussion about the Mod.
ishootpaint

Weapons Questions

Post by ishootpaint »

The barracks look the same but the loot is far better. It usally well worth the trip. Do you know about loot farming/cycling? And bring some smoke grenades to draw the zombies away from the barracks.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Weapons Questions

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I know nothing about the Cycling of loot. I just go from building to building.
ishootpaint

Weapons Questions

Post by ishootpaint »

I will explain it to you on steam when i get home. Its basically knowing at what distance loot will despawn and respawn.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Weapons Questions

Can anyone confirm whether the G17 can still use M9 mags? I picked up my G17 last night - absolutely love it, but finding ammo is a slight tricky. Heard a rumour that you could use M9 ammo and M9SD ammo for silenced?

Is this still possible?
ishootpaint

Weapons Questions

Post by ishootpaint »

That is correct. It uses g17 mags, m9 and m9sd. The pdw(i think) and mp5 can also use those mags. When using the sd mags it sounds the same to players but zombies won't hear it.

Using stanag/ak74 sd mags work to the same effect being fired from a non sd varient. Be warned tho that those sd rounds will not hit exactly where you sights are. You must compensate by aiming a bit low.

I need to get you into a apssd tho. 20rd mags that are pretty common with select fire(semi and full auto). Whats not to love. Always my go to sidearm on origins.
Zidane9Z

Weapons Questions

Post by Zidane9Z »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:My server is PvE and Im looking for decent weapons for general usage. Hopefully I will scout out this sector B place one day but for now, just looking to lay down some foundations and security :)
What's the point of playing on a pve server lol? IF you're playing on a pve server, you definitely should go for weapons like bizon sd, and aps sd for general looting of areas. Don't use shotguns, they're shit at range (unless you use slugs) and bad at everything pretty much when it comes to killing zombies. If you want to loot sector b, you're going to need weapons like mk17,mk48,dmr,m40,m24,svd,stanag rifles with acog scopes(possibly mini VH with epibolts to revive knocked out teammates) . IF you play on a pvp server, you should never have a silenced primary pretty much if you're new to the game, silenced weapons have insane bullet drop at range AND they do much less damage than their non silenced versions. You should have weapons like mk48,m14,FN FAL for your primary close to medium range combat. Sniper with zeroing for +500 metre combat, (m24,m40 preferably) aps sd for your side arm. There are many other viable weapons for each situation but if you get your hands on some of these weapons, you should be sorted.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Weapons Questions

Im just learning the game so PvE is the best way I can understand the game without the hassle of mindless idiots.

Thanks for the advice on guns - possibly not the easiest decision to make but Ill get there.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Weapons Questions

Martins barracks was a great help all - great advice. Now the proud owner of about 8 decent weapons including the DMR, M16 with a red dot scope, Remmington Shotgun, AK, M4A4 or something. Stored them safely away for a rainy day where I want to go and beseige somewhere :P

Mixing my G17 with the Standard Mak at the moment - Mak for difficult areas as I tend to find the ammo is easier to find :)