UPDATE on 1.8 status?

General discussion about the Mod.
spuduk3

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by spuduk3 »

i posted on their fbook page asking for any update on sept 28th, today still no reply, they only answer when they can be bothered or if it makes them looks good, if the mod dies then it will be their own fault, they have treated us the playing community like crap. someone did criticise their pr skills and they didnt reply, the comment got deleted, they will threaten to ban you if you give constructive criticisim.
have been playing since a couple of months after it came out, it still has a lot of potential. would rather the devs be honest and tell us the truth even it is is bad news like it is going to months b4 the new update is here, we are now into the 6th of coming soon, give us some actual news not teaser pics and put of out of our misery
Vyl

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Vyl »

Honestly, ya'll acting like a bunch of kids. Calm your tits it will be out when it's out.
m0nst3r

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by m0nst3r »

It will be out when the Servers are empty. Sad but true
ishootpaint

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by ishootpaint »

Vyl wrote:Honestly, ya'll acting like a bunch of kids. Calm your tits it will be out when it's out.
This ^
SGTSADSACK

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by SGTSADSACK »

Vyl wrote:Honestly, ya'll acting like a bunch of kids. Calm your tits it will be out when it's out.
To be fair, we have waited over a year.
ishootpaint

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by ishootpaint »

SGTSADSACK wrote:
To be fair, we have waited over a year.
As have I. After the gamersplatoon fallout im just happy that its still being worked on at all, even if it is at a slower than desired pace. Don't take me wrong way tho im just as tired of waiting as you and everyone else but i dont think giving the devs alot of grief over a free mod(not saying you do that) is the right way to get it released faster. They need to post more often on this forum or find a person that can at least do monthly status updates just so everyone isn't just sitting in the dark.
XXKRYSTALXX

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by XXKRYSTALXX »

you say free mod and while I accept that this is mostly the case, however, sever owners have to pay over £20 a month and I have been paying that for over 2 years now so its hardly a free mod, yes its free for the players that Join set up severs but its far from a free mod
Gebo

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Gebo »

XXKRYSTALXX wrote:you say free mod and while I accept that this is mostly the case, however, sever owners have to pay over £20 a month and I have been paying that for over 2 years now so its hardly a free mod, yes its free for the players that Join set up severs but its far from a free mod
wow, this is so freaking wrong :D
if you think like you wrote down here, there is NOT A SINGLE free mod in the world. DayZ in all its different mods needs servers to host the games. Even good old Counter-Strike needs people, companys or sth like this to host the servers...
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Thank you for joining the discussion Gebo (I believe its your first post!).

In my opinion its is a free mod, but for those that wish to have their own server to ensure that the game (that server at least) is run fairly and properly there is a cost to those.

The mod itself it free but I am making an assumption that there is a course of payment the devs receive for people wanting their own servers.

Come on 1.8 - I have my internet connection back to full speed now so I can download you :P
ishootpaint

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by ishootpaint »

Owning a server is completely optional. Ive hosted servers for a variety of mods so i understand what you are saying but i was speaking about the players in general, most do not rent a server. All they had to do was click download assuming they have arma2 OA.