Proposal for a new lock system for vehicles

General discussion about the Mod.
TheScholar

Re: Proposal for a new lock system for vehicles

Post by TheScholar »

Here's a tip for you....this thread is aimed at the devs to redo the lock system...as a fact it is not being used by the majority of servers as it now stands...I like the idea of a lock system but I would rather see vehicles be god moded after being locked than simply being blown up as a remedy for the lock....2 bits in 2 bits out....same way to lock..same way to crack...simple...agree or disagree..fine...but the fact is that our server INT005 is the busiest server and it's the mods dev server...and we're not incorporating the lock system as it now stands...apologies for any sensitivities being violated
Nex1

Post by Nex1 »

Doesn't seem that great to me when most of the decent vehicles on the map are locked away some where. It should be a bit harder to lock vehicles then it is compared to going the lengths to crack a lock on a vehicle.
=(eGO)=GoldenPSP

Post by =(eGO)=GoldenPSP »

TheScholar wrote:Here's a tip for you....this thread is aimed at the devs to redo the lock system...as a fact it is not being used by the majority of servers as it now stands...I like the idea of a lock system but I would rather see vehicles be god moded after being locked than simply being blown up as a remedy for the lock....2 bits in 2 bits out....same way to lock..same way to crack...simple...agree or disagree..fine...but the fact is that our server INT005 is the busiest server and it's the mods dev server...and we're not incorporating the lock system as it now stands...apologies for any sensitivities being violated
You are the only one getting your panties in a bunch. It would seem a PM to the devs would have been a better communication option than a post in the general forums, especially given the priviledged status your server has.

Again I wish you luck. With your overwhelming arguments I don't see how the devs could disagree with you.
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

derp
WrongNumber

Post by WrongNumber »

Looks like the Lock system has changed. I went to install a lock this morning and it required a lot more stuff.

3 Electrical Circuits
3 Batteries
2 Computer Chips
3 Hydraulic Pipes
1 Codelock

This should make locking vehicles much harder to do especially hoarding large numbers.
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

Ya..thanks for the heads up...wow..that's a lot a stuff required to lock a chopper/plane.. but I can see it..hope its God moded then...I don't know if this applies here but the pendulum swing is always a possible danger...The lock system is back on INT005 as well and I'm actually glad it is...my post here was about modifying the lock system, not scraping it......

...whatever's best for the game...