New players...help they need

General discussion about the Mod.
TheScholar

Post by TheScholar »

I've recently helped a guy from work get up his first house ...I've posted this before but new guys who come on as lonewolves face too much difficulty. The difficulty lies in how can they keep the 6 reinforcing and cement bags safe as well as other looted items tehy have collected while they collect the 40 rocks they need to build. It used to be that hiding a tent somewhere and putting the looted goods into it did the trick...sometimes it did,,,,sometimes it didn't.

Now with locking vehicles new players are facing an even greater difficulty because all types of vehicles,,boats, cars and choppers are even rarer to find or access.

Gerix...please make the old saws as abundant and as easy to find as pick axes and hatchets, entrenching tools and knives etc....help the new guys out...at the moment most new guys without help have almost no chance...also finding at least a tent in the woods again would be a good start...tents in the woods are rarer than a level 4 house....and I haven't even seen one of those yet 8^)
zaTley

Post by zaTley »

Same.. I got helped once making a house, then I took a break of Origins, now I have no idea were to leave all stuff for the house. Agree with you on this.
☮ Rhythmic Tune ☮

Post by ☮ Rhythmic Tune ☮ »

I really think the old tools, and the crane need to be more abundant. I had to buy two saws and the crane plus a few planks with leftover value in my last trading venture.

The fact of finding vehicles early on is hard, and vehicles like the armed SUV needs to be rarer, and stuff like the Land Rover need to be buffed. They suck so much sadly.

Also, house destruction. I want to destroy my house to make a E.Nest but I can't because I don't have an excavator. :(

But nothern and Novistrana quarries need to be added badly. Or make rocks able to be mined from rocks around the world that can randomly spawn.
OmnicronPsy

Post by OmnicronPsy »

Since i'm playing always as lone wolf in Origins, i highly recommend you to get the safe in the Sabina bank. I think there is a 50% chance that it will spawn every server restart. If you are lucky to get one, you just need a battery, toolbox and an entrenching tool, but that should be easy.
☮ Rhythmic Tune ☮ wrote:Also, house destruction. I want to destroy my house to make a E.Nest but I can't because I don't have an excavator. :(

But nothern and Novistrana quarries need to be added badly. Or make rocks able to be mined from rocks around the world that can randomly spawn.
You can ask a Admin to remove your house.

I'm sure there is a quarry on Novistrana so 3 in total on the whole map. Also they might add a new quarry to the game. If you look at the facebook site you can see a new quarry, (but im not 100% sure if this is a new or just a remodeled quarry).
☮ Rhythmic Tune ☮

Post by ☮ Rhythmic Tune ☮ »

Saves? Like the ones from Epoch? Sounds cool. I may go try and get one late tonight when no one is on.

I may ask an admin, but I got screwed when making long planks, and I haven't found pliers. Gonna have to delay it anyway.
OmnicronPsy

Post by OmnicronPsy »

For the Safe, take a look here http://dayz-origins.wikia.com/wiki/Safe