Origins launcher virus?!

General discussion about the Mod.
Zidane9Z

Origins launcher virus?!

Post by Zidane9Z »

Downloaded origins launcher from the link provided on the origins mod facebook, and the the file has a virus in it. http://bit.ly/1E0Ca7v (details about the virus). You guys better look at this as people cant download the launcher without getting a virus and having to instantly remove the file. http://originsmod.info/files/launcher/O ... uncher.rar
zaTley

Origins launcher virus?!

Post by zaTley »

Who the hell will click on that bit.ly link lol
Zidane9Z

Origins launcher virus?!

Post by Zidane9Z »

I just shortened the link as the virus detail link was insanely long, i can provide the whole link if you're scared to click it. http://www.symantec.com/security_respon ... 03-5752-99
OldManTim

Origins launcher virus?!

Post by OldManTim »

Which file in the launcher directory is being seen as infected by your AV?

Just scanned all the files at VirusTotal, and only "MetroFramework.Design.dll" was found by Symantec to have a low reputation but not infected.
The other 55 virus scanners see this file as OK, and all the scanners (including Symantec) find the rest of the files also OK. :|
Zidane9Z

Origins launcher virus?!

Post by Zidane9Z »

It says the file that is infected is originslauncher.exe but my Norton 360 always removes all the files that came inside whole download.

What would happen is always when i launch the originslauncer.exe, my computer would freeze for like 20 secs and then Norton would act and remove the file from my computer.
Rotzloch

Origins launcher virus?!

Post by Rotzloch »

Zidane9Z wrote:It says the file that is infected is originslauncher.exe but my Norton 360 always removes all the files that came inside whole download.

What would happen is always when i launch the originslauncer.exe, my computer would freeze for like 20 secs and then Norton would act and remove the file from my computer.
I don't know why your Norton 360 detect something in originslauncher.exe, because there is definitly nothing.

The best would be, you install another Antivirus Software or add an Exceptions to your Norton Antivirus Software.

Kind Regards
Rotzloch
f0rt

Origins launcher virus?!

Post by f0rt »

checked with virustotal.com
Zidane9Z

Origins launcher virus?!

Post by Zidane9Z »

Rotzloch wrote:
Zidane9Z wrote:It says the file that is infected is originslauncher.exe but my Norton 360 always removes all the files that came inside whole download.

I don't know why your Norton 360 detect something in originslauncher.exe, because there is definitly nothing.

The best would be, you install another Antivirus Software or add an Exceptions to your Norton Antivirus Software.

Kind Regards
Rotzloch
It doesn't really matter, i downloaded the mod through torrent and connect servers using ip. Just wanted to let people know about this possible virus in this file. This seems really odd, my Antivirus is the newest edition of norton antivirus 360 and fully updated.