Why Origins should give you your level 1 for free.

General discussion about the Mod.
Cannibal Lecter

Post by Cannibal Lecter »

On two seperate occasions on two different servers I was attempting to farm industrial in cities where players don't usually go so that I could lay a level 1 foundation so that I could try and do missions and have a place to store my loot. I was killed and all my loot I was storing in a vehicle at the time was destroyed and or stolen. The fact that you need to wait for a server restart which could take upwards of 4 hours to even finish your house is unacceptable. In the mean time I am expected to pack mule all my house supplies around in a vehicle for 4 hours while avoiding 50 other people on a pvp server. Either there need's to be a no pvp zone implementation so that new players on a server can get set up and not have to worry about all the dick heads trying to jack their loot or give players an item to lay a level 1 foundation bandit/hero of choice free of cost. The third alternative is to get gamer's platoon to implement custom loadouts so you can atleast give the DMR warriors a good fight with something other than a makarov. A custom loadout would make building a base a nicety and not a necessity. Arma 3 Breaking Point does a really nice job of giving players perks for choosing a direction and gives you something other than a fancy house and a new skin to look forward to.

I am a hero and always have been, but my friends that like to be bandits complain that they can't kill zombies because they gain humanity. Implement a system to where you can choose to be a hero or bandit and gain or lose humanity by killing zombies or appropiate players. I have been playing origins for over 2 years and the mod has come a long way but having these 2 issues in particular is why the origins mod will not grow. The last complaint I have which is debatable is having a party system like other dayz mods where you see a small icon above your team mates head showing their locations. I think it should be an option on the server to have because knowing exactly where your team is detracts from realism, but regardless I would like it.
SGTSADSACK

Post by SGTSADSACK »

Party system to share houses would be nice but Icon's above heads is no needed. I honestly don't see how you are struggling to get a level 1 house together. It's a massive map for someone to find your vehicle in a 4 hour place so I presume you are leaving it in a really obvious place, and custom loadouts? - really not needed, you can take out someone with DMR camping a new spawn area if you play smart. and a skill system is coming in 1.8 if you are looking for something similar to the way Breaking Point handles it.
GrandRoyal

Post by GrandRoyal »

I think that is the fun and the scary part of the game. That you have to really lay low with your vehicle ( take sneaky ways ). Dont use roads and stash your things in vehicles no one uses ( just repair some wheels and let it be where it spawns ). The build up is allways the most thrilling and the fun part. The hard part is the rocks :) But then I want things to be hard ( hope the zeds get even harder ). Hate custom loadouts :)
IHIOUSE {TTRD}

Post by IHIOUSE {TTRD} »

You absolutely shouldn't be given a level 1 or a loadout, it's all part of the experience. I know it probably isn't easy for a solo hero to do but you just need to go somewhere there isn't as much pvp. Get a tent, go to the trader get a storage box, or fix a car hide it well and lock it up. Maybe go to a PVE server to get some practice looting more effectively. I can usually loot about 30 reinf and 30 cement in a restart without even seeing anybody, you just need to be smart about it.
XXKRYSTALXX

Post by XXKRYSTALXX »

Get a safe ;)