New player... simple questions

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Hi all, new player here - started last week. I was very much taking my time here and getting to understand what I could and couldn't do when it came to Zeds. Probably moved less than 1km in my first 5 hrs of playing - it was dark!! Anyway... I met a nice chap yesterday who took me on a chopper ride and then showed me a chopper garage effectively (all cordoned /barriered off). Them he took me to his house and this is where I start to have questions.

If and when I get to build a house - can it be destroyed? If my humanity drops below a certain level - do I lose my house? I looking for some longevity here and losing everything I had when I attempted to kill a Zed withy hatchet really disappointed me.

I hope you can help by answering my questions above.
stea1l

Post by stea1l »

Hello Thomas Sullivcan Magnum,

first of all, thank you for your interest in Mod Origins :)
If and when I get to build a house - can it be destroyed? If my humanity drops below a certain level - do I lose my house? I looking for some longevity here and losing everything I had when I attempted to kill a Zed withy hatchet really disappointed me.
-> Your house cannot be destroyed by anyone but yourself (admins)
-> You do not lose your house when dropping below a certain level of humanity
-> Zombies can be killed quite easily with a pistol/gun on distance. However, it is quite noisy and might attract other players.

Best regards,
---
stea1l
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Thanks for your warm welcome and quick reply. It's nice to be able to create something (similar to a save point) which provides some degree of protection.

I was playing on a Vanilla server when I first logged on and found a hatchet easy to use but I died on the Origins server when attempting the same killing technique from behind. Oh well guess it will be a noisy gun in future.

Guess it will be a few months until I've a house but it's something to work towards.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Another simple question if may...

If a friend and I build a tent - can we both use it to regain blood? How long does a tent last for?

Thanks
stea1l

Post by stea1l »

Everyone on the server is able to use your tent.
--> It lasts forever as long as some1 does not destroy it.

---
stea1l
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

So do I replenish my blood in a tent and can I store guns etc inside it?
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

you go to sleep in tent to replenish ur blood, just the option to go to sleep and click on that,and you can store 10 guns/tools and a few backpacks and 50 items