Houses and where to build them

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Hi all,

Thanks for answering my previous answers - I'm slowly progressing now.

Some questions around houses if I may. Just collecting the items I need but where is the best place to build a house? Aiming to build near Etanovsk or whatever it is called. Any tips would be great. Also, do I get a code so I can let friends use it? If so, will it allow them to regen health etc like me.

Its a level 1 Hero house if that makes any difference?

Thanks,

Thomas
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Just build in a place that has natural cover around and not too far from resources. Make sure your door is facing a direction that would be hard to be shot from. For example some people build on the coast with their doors facing the sea. Alot of it depends on how populated the server is and if pvp is allowed.

You will be the only one who can lock and unlock it but im 95% sure other people can sleep in it if you open it for them.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Ah ok then, I was hoping the digilock that you use to build it will allow friends to open it and use it themselves :(

Yes, PvE server as I have only just started playing but for best practice, I will probably get it to face the woods or the sea.

Is there a 'common' best place that most people look to build i.e. Etanovsk or any town/city that most people would build one near?
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

I build near ekateringberg because of the good industrial loot and close proximity to spawn and sector b. It really just comes down to what resources you value the most. Feel free to PM me or add me on steam if you have more questions.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Requested you on Steam...

I have many questions but ill save it for Steam or I will just be posting non stop :)

Thanks again
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

NP. I enjoy helping new players.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Built my first house last night - just outside of Lyebestok - near the dual carriageway by the roundabout. is this a good place - seemed big enough for a few additional buildings - anywhere else better?

Can I have more than 1 house? Should I group all my buildings together - can I have more than 1 building? Sorry for so many questions :)
Nachary

Post by Nachary »

I'm not quite sure about the first question. But you can build 1 level 1 house, 1 level 2, 1 level 3, and 1 mansion which is level 4, you can also build a small garage at level 1 and you can build a large garage once you reach level 3
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

So effectively, I can have 6 building all next to each other? Or do I have to demolish a lvl 1 house to be able to build a lvl 2 house?
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

You can have one of each. Lypestock isnt bad, a good mix of everything there to loot. The only problem with not having your houses near eachother is you have to unlock and lock a building once every 14 days (real life days) or it despawns. And there is also the stronghold building you can build but you need atleast a 5 player group to build it.