Weapons Questions

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Weapons Questions

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

So then, finally moving along in my Dayz conquest and have my first house :)

Im now looking at going to find my ultimate weapons and WOW, there are many to choose from.

I like the idea of stealth and rarity of weapons so Ive shortlisted a few - tell me what you think or what alternatives you would consider.

Side-arm: G17 (I love the idea of a flashlight haha) but also the rarity and easy ammo.
If I dont go for the G17 - then Makarov SD - purely for 0.1m audible range.

Remington 870 for Flashlight, damage and fairly low audible range.

Last and not least (lost mine last night when died at a mine 3 mins from server reset) M249 SAW. - any alternative suggestions?

Thanks

Thomas Magnum - they always needed a PI in Dayz :P
ishootpaint

Weapons Questions

Post by ishootpaint »

My kit is m4 ccosd in hand. M40 sniper on my back and a apssd for my pistol. Im a filthy cheater and turn my gama up at night so flashlights i dont use lol.
foppe96

Weapons Questions

Post by foppe96 »

m14 or Dmr for range or missions/sec b in second hand and vss for nearly everything (high damage, silenced and you could shoot 500 meters, but the bullets fly really slow). Pistol is usually m9sd or apssd. If i dont have nv, a g17 with light is good, too.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Weapons Questions

So effectively, either my ideas for good weapons was wrong - or we have completely differing styles of play :)

I dont bother with the gamma, Im a cautious player anyway so when its dark I rarely go far :P

I dont really go for ranged targets but Im making an assumption that its useful for this sector b you all keep talking about.

G17 sounds like its going to be ok - if I can find one... m14 - might have to look that up now!
ishootpaint

Weapons Questions

Post by ishootpaint »

A sniper rifle is pretty much a must for sector b. It really just comes down to play style tho. I run with different gear for different tasks. Also it depends if im doing pvp or pve.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Weapons Questions

My server is PvE and Im looking for decent weapons for general usage. Hopefully I will scout out this sector B place one day but for now, just looking to lay down some foundations and security :)
ishootpaint

Weapons Questions

Post by ishootpaint »

For good weapons go to martin barracks just north of martin off the main road. Fyi there is alot of zombies that spawn there and it is easy to get trapped in the buildings if your not careful. Try using smoke grenades to lure them away from the barracks.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Weapons Questions

Im not sure of Martin, is that near Lybestok or Ekateringberg?

Going to a barracks seems good enough, went to one recently, but nothing decent spawned - am going after a G17 ;)
ishootpaint

Weapons Questions

Post by ishootpaint »

Martin is just north of bylov
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Weapons Questions

Any reason why that is better than other barracks - it's far away for us to get to.