Strange question but... running speed?

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I play mostly with a friend and as we draw Zeds into buildings he is always quicker at running than me. What can alow a character down. Are women characters slower, is it to do with food and drink levels or the weight of your backpack?
Nachary

Post by Nachary »

Im not 100% sure but weighing more / having more weapons makes your character slower

Added in 3 hours 28 minutes 37 seconds:
Also heros run faster than bandits, but bandits have more precise aim
XXKRYSTALXX

Post by XXKRYSTALXX »

Female characters do seem to run quicker, I play as a female and always out run my team mates who are all male
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Nachary wrote:Im not 100% sure but weighing more / having more weapons makes your character slowern

Added in 3 hours 28 minutes 37 seconds:
Also heros run faster than bandits, but bandits have more precise aim

My bandit friend can outrun me and im pretty sure the only factor is shooting is fatiuge from running.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

My friend definitely seems to run quicker than me over a long period of running. Im going to test my theory sometime tonight/tomorrow by emptying our bags and going for a run on a motorway!

It seems noone is sure on an answer for this... mods?
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Its one of Tavianas many mysteries lol. Ive always felt your ping plays a roll in run speed. The better you can connect to the server the faster you can move and if you have a high ping you cannot run(or move in general) as fast since you have a poor connection to the host. Makes since to me atleast.

And my bandit friend that can outrun my hero uses the female avitar. And you do fatigue faster the more you carry in terms of weight.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Connection speed could be a problem but I would have thought that most ADSL connections are sufficient enough these days not to have an in-game issue. Saying that though - he tends to lag a lot more than I do (fairly regularly he will skip backwards and then find me already at our target) but he still runs quicker than me!
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

It may just be dysync. He may appear to be moving faster but is actually running the same speed. Especially if he is getting rubber banding like that.

Dysync can do strange things.
Last edited by ishootpaint on 17 Aug 2015 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
andex

Post by andex »

male, female, hero or bandit - its the same movement speed.
food, drinks, weight - it doesnt matter.
lag/high ping can make you run a little slower. it's like your character gets stuck for a few ms, but thats no big deal.

your weapon makes a difference. unarmed you can run very fast, with a pistol youre still pretty fast and with a primary weapon in your hands you move significantly slower.

but tbh the biggest difference is turbo-walk (or w/e you want to call it). i think your friend knows how to use it and you dont ;)
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

No, after running from one town to another, he can visibly get far far away from me :( I am going to find this out - many races tonight, forget game progression... I will find out why he is quicker than me!

*turbo walk* I assuming you mean double tapping 'W' - yes, I use it :)