Strange question but... running speed?

General discussion about the Mod.
andex

Post by andex »

double tapping w actually makes you slower after the first few steps! dont do that :geek:
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Correct that weapon matters for speed. Weight doesnt effect speed only the rate that you can maintain it only if the bar is kinda high (should have expanded on my previous post). So if you carry enough to make your weight bar orange the other guy will get there sooner since he wont have to rest every so often like you when your stamina drops low.

I would like to spectate the race from a distance to see if what you guys see as far as run speed is what i see. It may or may not rule out dysync. Like i said it can do funny things.
Crime

Post by Crime »

double tab will slow you down after like 5 seconds, the turbo people mentioned above is a bug where you use the full speed you get when pushinng double w in the first seconds for the whole time, means you get the fastest boost the whole time without losing stamina, maybe search on youtube for a turbo-key tutorial ^^
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

When i double tap w i stutter at first but the speed once sprinting never drops.

Just a random thought but it may be possible that in arma2 itself being as its a simulator there is a small variable in run speed for characters to simulate not everyone can run the same speed. My profile may run at 18km where a different account can run 18.1km. Far fetched but not impossible.

And as far as using a bug to run faster i wouldnt know as i try to never use exploits...... except sweet sweet gama :twisted:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Here we go - a decent conclusion after much testing. It appears (assumption here I may add) that weight/carrying more items makes a big difference as I was running a lot quicker than my friend yesterday when only using a handgun (left the big guns back at the storehouse). However, I also popped to Hero lvl 1 (of which my friend was already one). This causes a little problem as by me being Hero lvl 1 could have impacted my running speed.

However, taking the factors in, it definitely appears that amount items being held has an affect on running speed.

We started running in a straight line down a motorway and I gradually caught my friend up after I gave him a slight headstart, and then succeeded in pulling away from him. Both had hand guns but he had a rifle and a few cans of food.

Conclusion, keep a light bag :P