Places of importance... in Taviana

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ok, so as a new player (and possibly the most active on these forums) where are the places of importance and interest in Taviana?

I hear so much about Sector B, Martins Military Barracks and Noviastrana.

Any tips on where these are and what else should I be looking for. Thanks

Magnum PI
andex

Post by andex »

Alright, military first.
If you want to get all these big ass fancy guns you need to look for places where you can find high value military loot.

The best place IMO is Martin Military:

Alternatively there is the Novi Dvor Military on the other island:

There are different loot tables at these militaries. you wont find martin weapons at novi and vice versa.
IMO Martin got better and more loot, but you should check out both...
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Thanks very much for the options... and the pics. I will try Martin later this week, at least it is within shortish drive from my homestead. I went to the Barracks at Lypestock yesterday and got my G17 Pistol which made my day but Im guessing these Barracks you are talking about are harder/bigger? Are there AI guards there, or do these only occur when there is a mission going on?
andex

Post by andex »

The next thing is industrial loot.
You will need a lot of industrial to build your houses an repair all the vehicles.
Taviana is a big ass map and you dont want to walk for hours. As vehicles spawn disabled youll need a lot of stuff to repair them.
Generally you can find industrial loot in nearly every city, but to be efficient i recommend going to the ports.

Big Island - Dalnogorsk and Ekaterinburg:

Small Island - Mitrovice and Chernovar:
-----------
Ah, and one more thing. Where to find all the vehicles?
Here you go: https://guard.originsmod.info/map/
-----------
Nope, there are no bots at Martin, just a few more zombies.

Sector B is way too hard for new players. If you want to fight bots, maybe Ivans Lab is a good idea. 10 bots there and you can get some guns and a PDA which will show you the active missions.

Ivans Lab is located in Sabina. It's an underground laboratory you can enter through the toilet at the marked inner yard.
Last edited by andex on 18 Aug 2015 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Superb! Thanks for the very descriptive and easy to follow directions. These bots so to speak - will they just pick me off from distance or is a bit more of a 'face to face' shoot em off?

The only reason I ask is due to mission AI's having taken me out from miles away without me even seeing them. Also, at one of the mines, I was head shotted without seeing from where or what.

Thanks again
andex

Post by andex »

Since Ivans Lab is a small underground area its pretty much "face to face".

I guess you play on a low populated PVE server?
There is no lag/desync caused by a large number of players, so the bots shoot fast and precise.
Especially missions with armed verhicles start shooting from 700+m.
Another reason why you need a PDA to see and avoid the missions.
PDAs can only be found at Helicrashes and Ivans Lab.

I guess you got shot at Byelov Mine, one mission can spawn right next to it. ;)
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Dont forget the safe that spawns in the sabina bank ;) Also the survivor camp
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Yes, I play on a low populated PvE server (just getting to grips with the game first). I dont mind if the bots shoot precisely and quickly, but I would like to get closer than 100m before I get popped like at Byelov mine (as you were right to assume) - I never even saw this supposed guard!!!!

Not sure if I have a PDA (when I press 7 it does show me the mission list).

Finally - this question is aimed at ishootpaint - I was under the impression that safes werent worth using - especially when I have a house (in which I build my own foundations yesterday).

Thanks again all
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

You spawn with a PDA on your server. More storage is always good. The great thing about the safe is you dont have to use it to keep it from despawning so you can have it far from your base with no worries. Everytime you log in it will reset the despawn timer.
andex

Post by andex »

ishootpaint wrote: The great thing about the safe is you dont have to use it to keep it from despawning so you can have it far from your base with no worries. Everytime you log in it will reset the despawn timer.
No interaction needed to reset the timer? That was new to me, good to know :!: